My boyfriend cheated on me, but he wants me back. What do I do?

So, when we in a relationship, it was pretty rough, he wasn't messaging me, maybe once in the moring and once before he went to bed, not even that sometimes. But, I started talking to this guy, which I though I liked, but I think I was just upset and lonely. But anyway, he found out, from someone who was suppose to be my friend, anyway, he broke up with me. Then a few hours later apolagized since he said a few harse words. But then heasked me yto take him back, andI was honestly thinking about saying yes. But then that night, he told me that a few months into our relationship, his ex came over who I previously thought something was going on between those two, but he told me how, they slept together. And He kept it fromme for months. He wants me to take him back and keeps manipulating me, making me feel sorry for him, and he keeps pushing me to come over to his house and I honestly don't think I can, I don't know what to do.

41

Most Helpful Guy

• Fuck that dude.
    He's going through things that you have no obligation to deal with
    He fucked up, there are consequences

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't go! Thts not fair he gets his cake and eat it too. You didn't cheat. And with a EX. That's selfish they had they chance and obviously they didn't work hints y'all getting together. Now who's to say he's gone be faithful who's to say they not gone reconnect nd it happens again. Just to avoid the trust issues and extra stuff don't go back.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• " He wants me to take him back and keeps manipulating me, making me feel sorry for him, and he keeps pushing me to come over to his house and I honestly don't think I can"
    -This is your instinct. Listen to it. Please.

• Dump him. He was lying for that long lol.

• You have one of two choices... forgive him and give him a second chance or let go and give yourself a better chance, to find a guy who feels lucky to have you in his life. Who has high standards and values.

Personally, i believe giving someone a second chance after they have betrayed you, is giving them the opportuinty and your permission to do it again.

Can you honestly give give him a second chance, and trust him.. when he's already given you one good reason not to. I could never forgive a betrayal, i never waste my time on people who waste my faith and trust.

He has shown his potential... so you now know what he is capable of. Everyone needs to have boundaries in a relationship and not allow anyone to cross them.

If someone betrays you... it's a warning. If they betray you a second time... it's a choice. When you first meet someone it takes time to be able to put your trust in them. Trust can take a long time to build. So , i honestly don't believe you can get back the same level of trust you had in someone after they have betrayed you. Forgiving is so easy to do... letting go of the hurt and trusting again is a life long battle 💜 xx