How long does it take you to recover from a heart break?

104

Most Helpful Girl

• Close to a year for a guy that I liked for over 2 years. I was a mess for a couple weeks, then I slowly moved on but I didn't completely lose feelings for him until like 10 months or so later. It did get much easier though as time went on.

But recently I've gotten hurt again. I only knew the guy for a few months but we were practically together, we kissed, cuddled, spent all day and all night together for the whole summer, I am so in love with him but he hurt me and I know it'll be quite a while before I feel okay again. I haven't really gotten out of bed lately.

So it depends on you and the relationship you had and all that...

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no set time limit for this. It depends on the person, as to how strong they are mentally, how long they were in the relationship and as to how deep it was, the longer and the deeper the relationship was the longer it will take to overcome the feelings and get over it.

What Girls Said 9

• It takes up to a year for me to. It depends on the guy, though.

• 0|0
  • Depends on how long you've been in love with the person and if you got closure or there's still doubts

• 3 months to 6 months.

• I don't know, I've never had my heart broken before... Gosh these answers scare me a bit._.

• it took me 2 yesr to recover after 2 year relationship with my ex boyfriend, we broke up 3 month before wedding.

• It depends. My boyfriend broke up with me almost a year ago. And I still think of him at least once a day... But we were together for two years and lived together for one. And the break up was pretty bad for me - he left for someone else, after talking about marriage and family... and I got seriously depressed. I don't think I will ever fully recover from what he put me though. I do not want to forgive nor forget.

• There is no time limit for a broken heart to heal, and there's no quick remedy either. Keeing occupied and your mind focussed on things, other than her helps you to gradually heal. Time may not heal the pain, but it helps you to learn to live with it.

Sometimes your mind will wants to let go, but it's not so easy for your heart. So patience and time will help her memory to fade. One day you'll wake up to find.. you can think of her and smile instead of feeling sad and hurt.💜😊x

• For everyone, it's different. For me, it took me an entire year to fully recover from being heartbroken. I learnt a lot during my healing process.

What Guys Said 3

• It's different for everyone. Sometimes it can take a long time and sometimes not. It's also possibly you won't ever get completely over it. Like a broken bone it can set and heal and be as strong as before but it might still hurt again from time to time if it gets brought back up or you happen to run into them.

• 3 years but we lived together so it was big time

• There is no set time frame, take all the time you need