Why does this guy act nice then switch on me?

We dated in 2012 he was 17 an I was 19. He was my first boyfriend. I fell in love with his personality. We got on so well. An had great dates together. We broke up due to being so young and not ready for commitment. He ended it an I was distraught.

I cried for weeks an got so depressed. Went through hell an he didn't even want to be friends. It left me so broken, an I felt my heart break for the first time.

I managed to accept it was done but didn't think it was for good so I dated others an thought I fell for some guys. Maybe a little. There was nothing serious or anyone I saw settling down with sadly.

I have had certain exes try come back but ones who were real vile so didn't let them have me back. Recently I dated month or two ago but he wanted sex only like many do these days. Recently at my sisters I talked of my ex an in my view the guy I considered the best boyfriend I had so far.

An she did too. An said didn't know what you had etc but you guys were young an I agreed. Days later I decided to message as I wondered how he was doing. He was responsive an I was shocked, after he saw me outside his work year or so ago he didn't say hi an looked awkward.

He asked how I was. About my life , family and friends. Did not ask about love life though. Then said about his life etc. We discussed why me an him failed. He said he was young at that point in time.

I felt like we was getting somewhere an found common ground. We was getting on so well like in past. Then he would say certain things an say he's flirting. To me that's embarrassing you don't say your flirting. It's like he had no clue how to deal with a woman.

He had insecurities when we dated an thought I would go for better. Also said he was too skinny this an that. He told me he drives now an that we should meet it was not my intention to though. He also said he drives now etc.

I thought good for him. For me I was happy just to be with him in past cars or money never did impress me. An they still don't but for some reason it gives him a sort of boost or whatever. then would say not want to brag but doing good in uni too.

It was like two people in one. When we chatted he said I am still fire an hot etc. An was calling me babe an being very nice. Putting kisses etc. He didn't apologise for way he dealt with break up as he was at my house day before
also said he gets no attention of women , so when he did off me his mind must of went to overdrive. he's been single over the last 3 years an j can see why. He don't open up , doesn't care for anyone's feelings or see errors of his ways.

He was so negative an really seemed to want an argument or me to feel so worthless. He reduced me to tears an did not care at all. An if he can live without me then he don't want me or value me as a person at all.

Even said to me stop pretending things

01

Most Helpful Guy

• "We dated in 2012 he was 17 an I was 19. He was my first boyfriend. I fell in love with his personality. We got on so well. An had great dates together. We broke up due to being so young and not ready for commitment. He ended it an I was distraught."

^did he broke-up coz he thought u were much older compared to him? kinda remember...

"An she did too. An said didn't know what you had etc but you guys were young an I agreed. Days later I decided to message as I wondered how he was doing. He was responsive an I was shocked, after he saw me outside his work year or so ago he didn't say hi an looked awkward."

^so if he was responsive it means there's still some interest from his side which's good. otherwise he'd ignore yer messages i believe.

"He asked how I was. About my life , family and friends. Did not ask about love life though. Then said about his life etc. We discussed why me an him failed. He said he was young at that point in time."

^ya he gave a clear xplanation as it seems... now he's 20 isn't he? if he was 17 he had other priorities by then (like school)... so maybe he might be considerin givin u another chance... of course he didn't ask u about love life, coz it'd make it look kinda... awkward.

"He had insecurities when we dated an thought I would go for better. Also said he was too skinny this an that. He told me he drives now an that we should meet it was not my intention to though. He also said he drives now etc."

^so he was an insecure guy by then and now he feels more confident... he thought if he was skinny and he wasn't drivin he'd not be able to impress any gal... which's a wrong thought in my opinion.

"I thought good for him. For me I was happy just to be with him in past cars or money never did impress me. An they still don't but for some reason it gives him a sort of boost or whatever. then would say not want to brag but doing good in uni too."

^did u ever tell him dat stuff like car/money don't impress u? many guys beleive they should have a car and make lots of money in order to impess a gal, but they don't understand dat not everyone cares about these things...

"also said he gets no attention of women , so when he did off me his mind must of went to overdrive. he's been single over the last 3 years an j can see why. He don't open up , doesn't care for anyone's feelings or see errors of his ways."

^maybe he does... but he's inseure enough (as u said) to believe he's being checked

• Not to do with my age but his. He was young as was I only two years between us not 8 lol. Him being responsive yeah showed interest but in end proved he do not deserve me at all. Yes school put strain on us. Basically but when we was together back then I liked him for his personality the good one that is no longer there. He has changed for the worst sadly so he had his final chance an blew it last night with how rude an insensitive he was to me. He don't get attention lol he's shy an not hot but I looked past that so he's a fool to get rid of a loyal girl he will regret it when I find someone who appreciates me

• But I am not forward for my age so felt like we was on same level. No as I said nice then an idiot. Yeah his loss

• thanks :)

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 0