Do people stay together just because it's easier?

If you have been in a relationship with someone for many years and have bought a home with them, yet have some sort of attraction to a good friend where there have been some short moments of intimacy, do you just stay with your partner because it's the right thing to do ? What if you feel as though they may not be your soul mate, but been in your life for so long, it just makes sense to continue with the relationship. I am asking because I am the one who has confusing feelings about my friend. He is the one with the girlfriend for at least 5 years. We are good friends, but he crossed the line a few times with a kiss and it just complicated things a lot for us. We are still friends, joke around, I bug him about his girlfriend whom I refer to as the wife, but there is always that thing behind my head. Not sure though how he feels. Sometimes he crosses the lines more often when he's had a few drinks. It's as though he knows right from wrong but feels what the heck. Maybe if this mostly happens when he is buzzing, nothing could happen when he is not. Plus he is probably happy with his girlfriend anyway. I won't be pushing this, but I just don't want to lose the friendship here, One person told me that we are having an emotional affair and those are hard to break off, especially when we are good friends who enjoy each others' company.

01

What Guys Said 1

• Reasons people find it hard to leave the ones they are with include they've already formed a "habit" of being with the other partner, or they think that they can change their companion. In some cases there is fear of embarrassment, or there is pressure from family and friends. Other couples have strong religious beliefs which condemn breakups and some people are simply afraid of being alone.

Good Luck.

- Harvey D

What Girls Said 0