Have you ever asked your ex?

Have you ever just come out and ask your ex if there's ever a chance both of you could ever get back together again?

If so, how did it turn out?

Someone please help

71

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I have, and my ex told me maybe in the future. But come on if your ex isn't going to show interest in you, Don't be depressed or be hurt. Go out to the mall or some where with people your age stand around at, Don't wait for somebody if they are going to make you second best. But if your ex says yes, then that's another story, talk to your ex about your break up and how, and why it went wrong. Spill out your feelings before a loser takes your ex. But if your ex says no. Then you always can find someone better, Keep your head up high, And even when it hurts the most smile, and tell your self I'm a unique beautiful person. Inside and out. And one day my ex will see that but my ex will be to late because I would have already found somebody who knew it already. But don't rush into a relationship either. If you end up finding someone else take it slow, Be your new friend's close friend. See how they are in a relationship with another, I learned its easier that way it saves you a heart break, But in the end I say Do it ask your ex. Its better doing that then wasting your time wondering at night! Be confident in your self, and though in mind

• I just did. She said "I really don't know" So I'm guessing that's a no which was kinda expected but I feel relieved now. I'm not really dissappointed. But thanks for the advice. Thank you so much.

What Girls Said 6

• After a month of us no longer being together I called my ex just to see if he was willing to meet up. The day before I had spent the whole day crying over the relationship...it was weird because for the whole month I was totally fine with the relationship being over. And after crying I just had to see my ex and wanted to see if we could patch things up.

We tried, but I noticed that my feelings weren't in it anymore. I saw him as a friend and nothing more, which was horrible for him because he was hoping to get back together and make things work. I felt bad, but relieved that I knew my feelings for him had faded and I could move on...

*we were together for 22mos.*

(I thought it was going to take forever for me to get over it...but we all heal at different paces, I guess.) :)

• I once asked my ex boyfriend that question. He was also a good friend of mine prior to that and after the breakup...in spite of being good friends I asked him, and it ruined everything in terms of friendship. so I kinda lost a good friend because of that. if the person is a GOOD friend don't ask or give it a while before you ask...I asked too soon...:(

**please answer my recent question:)

• Well I just did but if I lose her than I lose her. But at least we'll always know that we asked. Thanks for answering.

• I asked my ex while things were kinda on the rocks and he said "its not that see the potential, I just don't see DOOM"

Then after a mutal friend decided to get involved (long story and not my choice...) He did let me go and I asked if he ever had/or will see me as more in the future and he said he did, but not now. So I took it a step further and asked do you see me ever as more in the future, he said "i am going to have to say no to that too, sorry"

Broke my heart, but I mean people react in the moment. I was reacting in the moment, and he was reacting because I put him on the spot. This was also only a day or so after he dumped me. Did I mention he was the one who said, "you won't be hearing from me or seeing me for a while" and then continued to text back to me for 2 days? Then two weeks later I texted him just a statement and he texted back... LOL Then we met for a bit and have been texting ever since?

Pretty much the attitude you can take right now after all this is: It is what it is. NOW.

• No, because there is no chance and by the break up and week or two afterward I've usually spent enough time detailing every single thing I couldn't stand about them, mentally and to my friends. So, no really need to ask that question. No desire either.

• well i,ve tried that and it didn't work so if you was to ever try don't because it may not work out

• I asked my ex and he won't answer the question. Changes the subject. I'll take it as a no but at least I let him know how I was feeling and what I was thinking.

What Guys Said 1

• well my most recent breakup yes, b4 we even broke up we kinda talked about it and I asked and she said I do probly have a chance and that I have a better chance than anyone else. but then after we broke up I asked again and all she said was I don't know so yea. didn't turn out that great I guess.

• Dude my ex said the exact same thing. I gues "I don't know" is just a nice way of saying no. Oh well.

• Idk, she keeps sayin she still loves me and stuff but she doesn't know what to do so I don't know lol