Would you date someone who's been through real heartache?

I'm talking real heartbreak the kind that's makes you unbearabley depressed for months even years. Made you lose your samity for a periot of time. But also made you really re evaluate your whole life. Would you date someone who's been through real heartache?

• Nope too much baggage
  • Yes. Experience is good.

45

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah sure. No problem. We all have heartache.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just about anyone who has dated a prolonged amount of time, is going to experience some adversity.

As the saying goes, adversity builds character... and I want a strong willed (yet feminine) woman. :)

What Girls Said 3

• If he's good now, then of course. Past is in the past. But if he is still depressed and didn't got back his sanity then probably not.

• If a person who has gone through a heartache can cjange and heal their wounds over time.

• Only if he had healed , because you can't fly with a broken wing and you can't love with a broken heart. Most of us have felt the unbearable pain of a broken heart, but you can't be happy with someone else if your heart hasn't healed. You may never get over the hurt, but one day will learn to live with the pain, and your heart will be strong enough to love again

If he had healed, and ready to love someone else then i would teach him to trust again

What Guys Said 4

• If they are past it, and stronger definitely...
    If they are still working through it, no chance...
    I have been at rock bottom, I didn't wish to drag anyone down to my level, and I didn't expect anyone to be my therapist either

• Hmm... if I do, I hope that my heart is ready for it. I think we've all had a period of time like that, including myself.

• hell no, that is a recipe for disaster

• What inconsiderate idiot would say no to this? Smh
    Of course I would if they were healed.