My boyfriends birthday is coming up soon (the 29th) and I want to break up with him. HELP?

So I'll start from the beginning, I met this guy at my friends party, but we didn't talk, only saw each othe there.(This was in April) Later in May, I had to move all the way to Texas and saw on my friends Snapchat, who had that party "add me :------" and it had a pic of my current boyfriend. I added him and we talked and in 3 or so weeks started to date. I live far away from him now but we still date. But I don't want to date someone who doesn't live in the same state as me, and his birthday is next Saturday!!! I don't know what to do!! Someone help me please!!!

46

Most Helpful Guy

• I say do it now. If you wait until after his birthday, then he'll realize it was over before he even got the news, that you were waiting to break it off.

If you do it now, he'll have his birthday to pick himself back up.

Plus you guys don't even live in the same state, so you won't have to deal with seeing him in the aftermath of it.

But who knows, he may be thinking the same thing. But yeah, the sooner the better

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep it light and semi sweet Until the Birthday boy's Big Day, @Tjf14. You don't want to feel you are this party basher by smashing his heart when you know that Next weekend... Is his birthday.
    I don't find you a party pooper because you are feeling this way in a LDR. It takes a special person to be in this kind of relationship and if only One is making the effort and taking the time and the patience, it can go and grow dead in the water like a dead duck.
    After the Fact and his day has come and went, have a talk with him on Skype or even on the phone. Tell him you can't continue to be in this date mate phase of things because Texas isn't a stone's throw and you would just like to be Friends for now so you both can spread your wings and do other things.
    As sad as he may feel that his party is Over, friendship is something that doesn't have to end at the End, my friend.
    No need to give him all the lame duck excuse, be honest.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 5

• Well, if you have decided to break up with him then either do it before his birthday or after his birthday. I would suggest don't give tell him your decision on the day of his birthday.

• Well its very simple... Break up with him before his BDAY arrives, I mean 4 to 5 days before or break up after his BDAY!

But don't breakup on his BDAY!

• breaking up at his Birthday... it is just plain evil...

• I would say break up with him there is no point in waiting.

• I would say wait after the birthday, I'm sure you can manage it for a little more. Just imagine if someone broke up with you right before your birthday, not a good feeling, but then again he might understand. It's your call

What Girls Said 3

• I'd do it now. No time is a good time for break ups. May as well get it over with and save yourself grief. If you wait til after then he'll just have a memory that you waited til it was over. It will make no difference. This way, it's done and overwith and you have a week to go, giving him a week to manage how he wants to spend his birthday. I broke up with someone once before their birthday and he carried on like a child over it, so I waited. Then after the birthday he had a problem because it was just after the birthday. Then after that some other occasion was just around the corner. He just kept at it until I ended up making it a three-month long break up. I wish I had just done it when I said I would and it would be overwith. Anyway, that's my advice to you. Let him be responsible for how he takes it. At least you're in Texas so he can't exactly come knocking on your door about it.

• This is a tough call but a week is a long time AND he'll have his bday to pull him out of any potential funks. I'm with @SomeoneImportant Break up with him as soon as possible.

• Buddy You either got to tell him now or at least a week after his birthday!!