Guys, My ex confuses me with his words and action, what is he thinking?

My boyfriend broke up with me more than 2 weeks ago. His reasons were because I was moving away to japan for college and that he didn't want to hold me back from experiencing other people and making decisions. I accepted those reasons even though I really didn't want to. I texted him a week later to say that I wanted to see him and talk. He said that he'll return my stuff and avoided talking about me wanting him back, I questioned him about it and he told me that he was emotionally detached. I asked him why he didn't just tell me that when he broke up with me and he said that it was after the break up that he became emotionally detached. In the end we agreed to have our mutual friend to pass it to me instead.

Last Monday I get a text from him that he will bring my stuff, again I'm confused because the day before I confirmed from our friend that he had my stuff. I go downstairs to see my ex and our friend in the car which confuses and hurts me more. There was no eye contact, just a thank you and good bye. Later I message our friend and he told me that when he went to pick up my stuff, my ex asked him to go together to drop it off.

What in the world is he thinking? All he is doing is hurting me if he's not going to talk to me, but will show up out of nowhere.

1

What Guys Said 1

• "His reasons were because I was moving away to japan for college and that he didn't want to hold me back from experiencing other people and making decisions. "

^ i see... couldn't he keep a LDR though?

" I asked him why he didn't just tell me that when he broke up with me and he said that it was after the break up that he became emotionally detached. In the end we agreed to have our mutual friend to pass it to me instead."

^ i see... it's normal in my opinion to feel this way... he thought he could handle da break-up but at da end he couldn't as it seems... maybe if u just stayed friends would be better? wot do u believe?

"Last Monday I get a text from him that he will bring my stuff, again I'm confused because the day before I confirmed from our friend that he had my stuff. "

^u mean this friend of his/urs had his stuff and now he wants to bring 'em himself?

" I go downstairs to see my ex and our friend in the car which confuses and hurts me more. There was no eye contact, just a thank you and good bye."

^actually he pretended to be so "cold" i believe

"What in the world is he thinking? All he is doing is hurting me if he's not going to talk to me, but will show up out of nowhere."

^as i already said... i believe he regret about breakin-up wid u and now he wants t make things up :/