Guys who have been dumped - how long did it take you to move on?

I'm going through a moment of weakness right now. I dumped my boyfriend because he was seeking other girls when we were still together but even though he did a real jerk thing I still miss him and I wish he missed me sometimes. He seemed really apathetic when I told him we were over and hasn't tried to reach out to me so I think he moved on pretty quick and I feel even though I initiated the breakup I'm the one who got dumped. Rant over.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in a 4 year relationship. Recently ended, because of her, she basically met someone else and ended it with me, even though she said she didn't cheat, I'm not sure what to believe.

I was fucked up for about 3 days, then a week or two after I felt better. I still have these long term sort of depressive crap, but overall I'm excited now to be back on the market as it were, if that's not a horrible way of putting it :p I'm still surprised how quickly I started to feel better. Still think of her from time to time, but have to say, it's been a month now and I'm good.

There's a light at the end of the tunnel for all you people currently feeling like crap because of this. Just get past that difficult first week.

Most Helpful Girl

• He wanted to see other people while he was with you. He doesn't miss you. He doesn't care about you. You're nothing to him. Why are missing this asshole?

• I think I just miss who he was in the beginning, and finding out he was doing this really came out of left field for me and our relationship just came crashing down so quickly.

But I know there are way better guys out there than this turd so I think time may be my best friend in this scenario :(

• I know it really hurts and I'm sorry you're going through this. But you know you deserve so much better! You're better then this guy! It'll be ok. Like you said, it's just going to take some time.

What Guys Said 2

• Doesn't take long at all anymore.

First break up was bad, I cried like a bitch and took me a month or so. Looking back in hindsight, there was no need for all that bitchness

But I eventually grew a pair, and now it takes like a day or two. The way I see it now, it is what it is, she's done with me, so I might as well forget about it and move on as soon as possible

• I'm not gunna lie it took a day but I never really liked cares for her anyway

What Girls Said 1

• guys dont take that long.

• Bullshit.

If you cared about the girl, it's soul destroying.