X-BF reaches out after 1 year with odd conversation? What do I do?

My ex text me last night asking how am I doing, i
was hesitant to reply because we ended in bad terms but I did reply- it was a weird awkward "im
ok... And you? And he said he's been thinking about me.. I didn't know what to say so I said " what about"'he said "all kinds of things... And then I change it to "working a lot? He said yes. Lots of fires and people getting killed. ( firemen ) and then... I said sorry to hear that and he never replied.. I'm stuck on stupid...

34

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he's thinking about / wants to get back together. Like he misses you. He's been thinking about you, about "all kinds of things"... like maybe what went wrong, what went right. Maybe to apologize?

Whatever it was you cut him off before he got to it.

• I agree. It's scary to me because I loved him
      Deeply- and now that I moved on he's trying to get back into my life! I don't want to make a mistake :(

• I know you're confused. Part of you wants this. Part of you is asking "What the hell am I doing?" Is that about right?

He's been thinking about things. Now you are thinking about things. You are confused and don't know if you really want to do this. He is probably thinking the same way. He's been thinking a lot about it, not knowing what he really wants to do. Then in a moment of weakness he contacts you, maybe not even sure just what he wants. You abruptly changed the subject, and his moment of weakness passes.

The whole thing has your head spinning, after you thought you'd gotten over it.

Is this close?

• I wouldn't say close. I would say right on the money

Most Helpful Girl

• It means he is thinking about you (which is perfectly normal if you were together for a long time). But don't read anything more into it. You've moved on so let it go.

• Mmm for not very long. 10 months. I caught him once texting an ex after an argument saying hello- so I didn't think much of it. YET I know him very well that he has a lot of pride and after we broke up I realize he didn't really love me. Or so I think but why reach out to me and tell me that does he wants me to chase him?

• The fact is, it doesn't matter what HE wants. You broke up for a reason, don't forget that. Focus your attention on the guy you're with now.

What Guys Said 3

• He was probably trying to find out if you're seeing someone else now or not.

• He didn't even asked me...

• Should I ask him? ( Text him) or let it be

• It depends on how 'bad' the breakup was.

• I am not sure what you are even asking? Do you have anxiety?

• He was bored or misses you, dont go back

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe he felt bad and wanted to see if you are ok. Dont read too much into it

• Stay away he's just bored