Should I give him a clean break, or should I tell him the truth?

The only reason I picked the guy I am with is to prove that a pretty face will always win over a good-looking body. An ex-friend of mine really liked him a lot. I was always jealous of her because she has a gorgeous body even though she isn't pretty. I've had issues with my weight since I was a kid. I told a mutual friend of ours that I could get him over her. We bet on it and I ended up winning the bet.

The thing is, I am actually not interested in him. I'm feeling guilty now though because recently he told me that he is falling in love with me. At first he had regrets about breaking her heart, but I think he is past that.

I'm thinking I should come clean. I don't want this to go on any further than it has, but I also don't want to hurt him. I don't want to date him either.

• Give him a clean break
  • Tell him the truth
Thanks for the answers and not being too judgmental. Turns out he already knew. He was taking advantage of it. He was planning on dumping me after the long weekend.

54

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him what's up. It'll only hurt him for a week or two.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's all the way wrong what you did. You need to come clean & let him move on with his life. What a waste of time. You really need to deal with your insecurities& stop manipulating other peoples lives.

• I know. The thing is, I wasn't thinking about him. I was only thinking about winning the bet, and hurting her. I didn't stop to think that he could get hurt too. Now I feel bad.

• Wow is all I can say, but Thanks for the MHO

What Guys Said 3

• Telling him the truth IS giving him a clean break. Then he can hate you for the cruel thing that you did to him.

• This sounds like something a teenager would do!!! Grow up and tell him the truth cause it's bad enough that you fucked with his emotions because you feel the need to compete with your friend. I hope you slip on a banana peel.

• For your safety, you may just want a clean break, because what you did is fucked up. It would be a "shame" if you died from a crime of passion.

• He's not psycho. I doubt he would hurt me. He doesn't believe in violence.

What Girls Said 4

• Go Easy on 'The truth,' Break it to him gently in a way with a small white lie that he will Not entirely... Hate you for this.
    Good luck. xx

• Hmmmm. That is a bitch move. wtf. At least you regret it. Tell him the truth and let him move on. Tell him as soon as you can.

• Wow you're insecure and fucked up.

• give him a clean break.