Why did he cheat on me and leave me?

I'll try to make it brief. We dated exclusively for 7 months, agreeing not to see other people and he became my boyfriend. He told me he loved me and then shortly after that he broke up with me during an argument because he needed to 'focus on himself'. I later found out that he had been seeing his ex on and off the ENTIRE time we dated and continued to do so after we broke up. I'm deeply confused because he always said that I was so out of his league and that he was lucky to have me. He told me I was the sweetest girl he'd ever been with. After speaking with his "ex", I realize that she is very insecure and immature. All they do is argue and make one another miserable, they can't even get along for a week. He always said being with her was stressful and I am the opposite of everything she was. I also know that I am much more physically attractive. He once said he couldn't attach himself to me because he was protecting himself but anytime I asked what he was protecting himself from he couldn't answer. I was an incredible girlfriend who always encouraged and supported him and my love was unconditional. Even now that I am not IN love, after everything I still love him as a person and want him to do well. I was so good to him and he told me that I was constantly. I never would have hurt him or abandoned him. I just can't understand what he was thinking.

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, from your post I can't exactly say that he was cheating on you but yes seeing his ex regularly is not a good sign either, it indicates that he may still have feelings for her otherwise he wouldn't do that.

• He was definitely cheating haha. By "seeing" his ex, I mean he was dating her on and off while we were together. They were in a relationship while we were dating. He even sexted her on my birthday smh

• I would agree with you, you're right.

Most Helpful Girl

• He probably still has strong feelings for his ex, and was torn the whole time you were together between being with her or with you, ultimately choosing her in the end. It seems like he was attached to her more than he was to you. I think you should move on.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Honey that guy is a snake. He just wanted to make everything comfortable for himself. He is a selfish bastard. He doesn't deserve a minute of your time. Seriously get someone who appreciates you. I was in a similar situation. Someone helped me by giving me this link. I hope it can help you too.
    https://www.psychopathfree.com

• he's just a jerk.