Can my ex tell that I blocked him on Facebook?

He messaged me about 4 days ago I replied to him and he replied back. Aftet that I blocked him.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• There are investigative ways to find out.

First of all, if he sees that suddenly your private messages all say something like, "This user is no longer available" - which happens whether you've deactivated or blocked them - he'll know something is up.

Then he could dig further and check with "someone else", "Hey can you see Xastranger's FB profile because I can't." If the other person says, "Yeah I can see her," then he'll know he's blocked.

If he doesn't want to ask others, he can make a phony FB profile, do a search for you and find that you could be searchable, and then know he's blocked. If you've got your privacy settings on something like you can't be found on a search, there's still further investigating he could do...

On the fake profile, he can go to anyone's profiles that he knows you are friends with on Facebook, and out of all your friends, someone is bound to have their friends' list open for all the public to see. Then - easy search! He just has to scroll through the list and you will be found on his fake, investigative profile, something he wouldn't have been able to see on his normal profile.

So yes, a little digging and it can definitely be discovered that you've blocked. I know because I've done all this, and though I am no longer on FB as an active user, I continue to only keep an active phony FB profile on hand that is totally inconspicuous of who I am for various reasons.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah when he can't see your feed or send messages than he knows he was blocked

• Yeah they usually can

What Girls Said 4

• Yes because it shows your page like your profile is inactive like you deleted your profile or something and has this big thumb sign.

• I think your ex would be able to tell if he tried to search you. Your ex wouldn't get a notification or anything like that saying you've blocked him but if he actively went searching for you then he'd probably be able to tell.

• you blocked him... that's it.. no need to mention it to him if you don't wanna hear about him anymore

• Yes, they can tell.