How do I break up with my boyfriend, I'm scared of how he'll react?

The reason I'm scared is because he is a control freak. He doesn't let me even speak to other guys, and emotionally abusive. I'm scared to break up with him because he is known for beating people up (he sent a poor girl to the hospital multiple times, which I only found out a few days ago) and he says he'll stalk me for the rest of my life and never leave me alone if I broke up with him. I can't take this relationship anymore. I want and need an out. How should I go about breaking up with him?

46

Most Helpful Guy

• He sounds physically abusive and emotionally abusive.
    Get out now.

For most cases, breaking up with text is a bad idea. But this time it is a good option. Texting is the best option for scenarios where you are afraid of the person. Granted, he'll probably blow up and send you hateful threats or words (most likely through text). What do you then? Tell him you'll call the cops if he tries anything.
    You've got the messages as proof now as his threat. You can probably file a restraining order with the person since you are over 12 and the guy is known to be abusive and stuff. You can get a restraining order even if you go to the same school. I may even suggest filing one if you are that scared of him.

More on that here: https://fvlc.org/get-help/faq-restraining-orders/

If you have any more questions, just ask and I can try and help the best to my knowledge.

• I agree. Break up through text. If there was ever an exception for doing so, this is it. And don't delete any texts he sends you..

Most Helpful Girl

• i think you should refer the case to the police

What Guys Said 5

• Why are you still with this guy? If he really stalks you like said he will, I'm sure there's someone you can talk to about that. Do your parents know?

• Get a restraining order, or have some people around just in case. Try and stay calm during it.

• simple, call the cops on him if he doe anything

• Just do some where with video surveillance so if he lays on finger on you you can have him charged with assult

• Usually I don't advocate breaking up by text, but...

What Girls Said 3

• Talk to your parents about the situation.

• Just do it. the sooner you get rid of him the better trust me I have been through this plenty of times. Text him and break up with him and delete all his stuff from your life. his number his pics his social media. ignore his calls, block him and consider yourself single and you're free,

• First of all you are fourteen how old is he?