Do you stay in touch with your ex girlfriend? Why or why not?

Guys,

Do you keep in touch with your ex-girlfriends? If so, why? Do you ever buy them presents or meet up with them just to hang out as friends?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• I have never kept in touch with any of my ex-girlfriends. I don't usually have anything nice to say to them so why bother. I really don't care what's new in their life or what they're now doing and I don't think it's their business either. I see a lot of people getting caught up with their ex-gf or boyfriend on this board and I chose not to have that drama in my life once the relationship is over. I guess what I'm trying to say is why re-open up the wound.

• Just asking because I've been trying to get back with my ex who texts me everyday but only calls once in awhile. He brought me a Christmas gift too. The gift was lame and he acted aloof and standoffish. I got the vibe he wants to just be friends but it sucks for me because I want more. Just wanted to know if this behaviour is typical or what.

• If that's the case then you might as well just ask him. Just for me, I would never initiate the contact...I've had urges but I knew better not to (for myself anyways). To be honest, if you feel that getting back with your ex is the right move for you then that's your choice. But I know getting back with my ex-es would be damaging to my life so that's why I cut them off clean. Relationships end for a reason, and some reasons change, some don't.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, but I'm "odd".

All my ex-girlfriends have been 'friendly' breakups. That is, they've been for reasons like moving away, or "drifted apart" (without being nasty to each other). One was even a case of "we can't even see each other" due to work/university timetable.

There only "ex" I haven't kept in contact with doesn't really count, and that was from when I was about 15 and it was a 1 week relationship.

The rest (5 ex's) I still talk to pretty regularly, with my most recent ex being my current GFs best friend.

• I still talk to a couple of them. Only if they have matured though, I like to talk to people who are worth my time rather than some one who reminds me of all the reasons I broke up with them. I try to stay on friendly terms and see how life has been treating them for the most part though.

• Ya, I keep in touch with some of my ex's (mostly because I see them around), just because we aren't together anymore doesn't mean we can't be friends; at least not to me. I don't buy them presents, we just talk from time to time.

• nope none of them ending in a good note plus onces its over why date again ?

What Girls Said 2

• I tried to keep friends because I hoped we could get together again, but after a year of nothing happening I realised that I was not able to move on. I dated others and ended up thinking about him...which was a no no!

He told me things that as a friend I would have rather given advice on, but as an ex I got upset about. It didn't work!

Since he keeps confusing me I told him I'll contact him again when I'll be over him emotionally.

It depends, if you two guys want to get together again then the keeping in touch thing is worth it, but if it's over I would let it go. Too much pain!

• Not really. Because we had already break up.