Does telling him/her I love you make them lose interest?

• yes
  • no
  • sometimes
    Vote C

92

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends, if you mosby her then most likely she will get turned off and think you're kind of a weirdo.
    If you're in a relationship, I doubt that'll make her lose interest, after all, you plan on falling in love if you're in a relationship, right?

What Girls Said 9

• in my opinion if the guy or girl feels the same way, then no they won't be scared away. I know if my boyfriend came up to me and told me he loves me I would be over the moon!

However, if the person doesn't really like you then they would definitely be scared away.

• Same! if my boyfriend said I love you i'd pass out from happiness. Obviously he hasn't said it yet lol.

• Depends if the feeling is mutual

• Not if you had some overture to that - in some weeks time...
    You can't just blurt it out and expect not to get hurt.

• Yes, if they're not also in love with you.
    No, if they are.

• yes i think so tbh

• it depends on how long you have been with this person. If it's been a few months and you two get along great and have fun together etc i don't see why it would scare the other person off.

• Yes because some people get scared and run away

• Honestly just depends on how soon it's said into the relationship

• Somtimes. It make some people uncomfortable because it just feels to weird. Some people know that they are in love but they do hardly want to show their feels. That is how same people are.

What Guys Said 1

• Well if your feelings were one-sided then yes, it will only happen when the other person didn't love you but only thought of you as a friend otherwise I don't see how a person will lose interest if you tell them you love them.