How do I move on quickly?

My boyfriend & I broke up last week and I've been dealing with it badly. Some days I'm cool others I'm upset. Loads of people tell me to get over it but it's really hard cuz we were together for 8 months & I consider him my first love. I had experiences with guys before but never have I felt this shit. How long does this phase usually last? I'm just going to try heal myself and focus on school because I've no interest in guys for now because this pain is too much to deal with :(

06

Most Helpful Guy

• i know your heart, and you are not the first person that has got a break heart, and its all normal , someday you be upset another day you be cool, its take time, and dont expect you be normal and like nothing has happened, but you know time and trusting to life is great things, that you can use it, there is many things that we dont get there means after they happen , like in chemistry. or other things, we need to give it time, to see the results. i know you are in hurt, but i want ask you, to trust to life, to trust to things that happened to you,... i have seen some couple that are so lovely. and they are so in love, and on of them was my friend, so i asked him, how you are today in this place today, and he said, there was many times that i got so badly hurts , like there was many nights i cried in my bed all night, and i thought there is no love no hope , but now, when i look at past. i say thanks god for all that happens, because if that things didn't happen to me, so i couldnt be in this place today, a place that i am happy and i feel it, and if i back to that hurt times and i see myself crying i will give hug to myself and smile and i will, hey every thing will be alright, " when we are in hurt we dont see the point, but every thing will be right, just accept you should take some time to be okay again and you will be fine, if i was there right now, next you, i would give you hug and smile to your face, and i would say you hey , you will be fine and you will find, the boy who will always next you, and never let you go :)

What Guys Said 5

• If a broken leg can be healed quickly we'd all like it. Breakups really suck big time. You will probably get your heart broken in the future as well. You'll also break people's hearts too. The only thing that mends a broken heart is time itself. Doing things to distract you. Meeting up with friends. Talking about it with them. As time goes on it will get easier. Hope you well

• It's only been a week so it's rather fresh. It takes some adjustment. In time it will keep being better.

• Stop thinking about him

Remove/delete everything that remind you of the relationship

Appreciate the good times you had together

But most of all.. Stop thinking about him and the relationship.

Do some meditation and cardio

I'm guessing you're depressed and exercise puts energy back into your body

• lasts about 8 months.

• Best way to get over some one is to get under someone

What Girls Said 0