Girls, My girlfriend (ex) broke up purely because of school. She didn't do it because of distance but to focus on school?

This was my first girlfriend and I've been devastated by it because we loved each other and nothing was wrong, but she broke it off because of how time consuming college will be. She is only going to school about 20 minutes away and says she still likes me and wants to be good friends but I still want to be with her. I don't think she is going to run off to another boy friend because of the way she broke up with me, it's not distance, its school. She's very studious and takes honors courses so I understand why it would be difficult. I still want to be with her and I feel like her with me. She said she enjoyed every moment with me and honestly there was no reason other than school, I'm thinking her parents may have edged her along though. She is still talking to me even on having been a couple days since the break up. How do I get her back (as desperate as that sounds)?

4

Most Helpful Girl

• She is bullshiting you. She just doesn't want to be "a bad guy" so she's letting you off easy (by lying). She sees you as a friend and wants to ride someone else's dick. School is an excuse. You don't need that garbage in your life, trust me. I know it sucks (been there 6 months ago with my ex, he sold me the same lie and the moment he got something or someone else to do he just disappeared). She is still contacting you because she knows that's what's gonna make it easier for her to move on, she is not thinking about you at all, has no respect, she is selfish, and most of all - she doesn't want you. Basically she doesn't give a shit about you, what she's doing right now is just killing time with you. Some people are just like that and there is no point in analyzing. This girl has a lot of maturing and experience to achieve before realizing what a stupid bitch she is right now. Be happy you dodged the bullet. Maybe she will realize one day, but you shouldn't be there. If you want her to realize all of this, man up, say "okay if that's what you want", turn around and don't look back! Don't give her a benefit of a doubt. She will use you. She needs to FEEL the loss. Don't contact her, don't text her back, no matter what she does just keep your head up and respect yourself. There is nothing sexier then that! Go live your life and show her that you don't need her (even though you do right now, don't let it show). Exes NEVER came back after staying friends! I have 3 of my exes that I stayed close friends with, they never thought of getting back. Only the ones that I cut off from my life.

• I just want to give you an update, I've been talking to her best friend for the past hr. She has told me, uncensored, how this girl felt for me. She couldn't reiterate enough that my ex didn't want to end it and still loved me but did it because of school, end of story. She called this girl I talked to sobbing because of it. Say what you want about me sounding ignorant or whatever, but these two girls are 2 of the most upfront people I know and having been friends with them for a while and then dating the other, lying isn't an option. She still wants to be friends and I can assure you she isn't just saying that. I respect her choice and I'm going to have to live with it. I just have to let time pass and see what happens.

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds ok.

• I think you should let her go. You're both young and she is going off to have a new experience. She may be genuinely worried about the amount of focus she will be able to put on her classes and if you care about her, you should want her to succeed. It's normal to feel that sense of desperation after a break up. Give it 3 days and try not to talk to her as much, you'll feel better in 3 days. As you get older, you will gain more control over your emotions and learn to accept certain things in life as they come. Right now you don't have that experience so you are desperately trying to get her back. You are so young and you'll meet so many different girls in the upcoming years, you'll learn more about who you are, what you like, what kind of person you're looking for. Just keep in mind the good memories you have with her, try to think about what you learned from this experience and enjoy your life, have fun. 3 days!!

• She doesn't want you back.