Would you divorce someone because they weren't making enough money?

I'll confess: I would. Money is important.

4873

What Guys Said 73

What Girls Said 48

• No! Ofcourse money is important but then why marry him in the first place if you don't think he makes enough money? if he's going through hard times then remember the promise you made the day you got married?

Also I'm trying to do well to get paid well so that through hard times, it would be easier.

You say that now but if you really love the person I don't think it would be that easy!

• You don't marry someone for money, you marry them for love. Unless you're some kind of cheap gold digger. People need to remember their vows, "For better, and for worse." remember?

• yeah right and leave the person i love the most all alone because we're struggling financially, just telling you this, you'll never be happy if you keep being a gold digger

• Depends what you mean by not enough. If they are trying to achieve something and really working on it, I wouldn't. But if he was working as waiter or some low-paid prosperous job, I wouldn't marry him in the first place.

• well i wouldn't marry them in the first place if our financial needs couldn't be met TOGETHER.
    saves the hassle of a divorce.

• "For richer, for poorer"

I would take my vows seriously.

• If you married that person then you knew their financial status. To divorce them over money is stupid and proves that you married frivolously. I think if a person works hard and full time and struggles than I personally don't mind being the bread winner. It's different if they are lazy and not willing to work or choosy on the jobs they decide to apply for or work at cause then you start to feel used or taken for granted. But if they just have a job that pays less but are putting in the hours I don't care as long as I know they love me and I love them... it's called partners.

• No it's a weak reason. A person can always potentially earn more in future depending how ambitious they are.

• No as long as they were trying. Money doesn't mean much to me when it comes to friends and relationships

• If they didn't make any effort and refuse to do any kind of job.(like talking care of the house) then yes. Laziness is never a good factor.

• No, I won't divorce my husband for that.
    If he isn't stable, then I would start working more.

• Definitely not. If you truly love someone, you would stick it out.. "For rich or for poor".

• Low life! Love is love and you shouldn't breakup with someone you love over money!

• If she breaks up with a person over money then she didn't love him in the first place LOL

• No love is much important to me more than money! We both can work and help each other.

• If I would truly love him I wouldn't even think about the money.

• Maybe, maybe not because money is important, yeah but so is true love.

• No because if you're willing to lose him/her for that pathetic reason then you clearly aren't that in love and your marriage was a fucking waste and lie, well on your end anyway, if you do ditch him/her for not making enough money then you're a gold digging cunt and honestly that's disgusting, if you truly love him/her you're suppose to be with him/her thick and thin through all the struggles, broke or loaded, until death and if money was so important to you GET OFF YOUR FUCKING ASS and get a job yourself then.

• WTF... never.. i would never do that..

• money isn't an object to many people

• Nope, definitely not.

• More from Girls
    8