Would you divorce someone because they weren't making enough money?

I'll confess: I would. Money is important.

4873

What Guys Said 73

What Girls Said 48

• no i wouldn't, because what's worse is being with someone who has no drive or motivation in life. i would want to be with someone who is educated, and works hard and wants to better themselves, because that usually translates into them being in a relatively stable financial position and just being an overall good human being, (besides maybe a few hang ups here and there). as cliché as it sounds, money is important, but it can't buy u love.

• I wouldn't divorce someone if they weren't making enough money. I'd have a talk with my husband and we'd better budget our finances in accordance, or he could look for a new job; but I wouldn't put an end to my marriage just for that. Sure money helps in a relationship, but that's not what made me fall in love with him.

• Ok, before you even get married, you both should know and discuss your goals in life. If your partner is already not the type of person who strives a good paid job, or has a great diploma, then you guys most likely will struggle in the future.

So this needs to be discussed beforehand. I dont believe in divorce (unless cheating or abuse happens) so if you knew about his qualifocations and future then you better stick with him

• If I'm pulling my weight and they can't pull theirs - and we can't make enough to survive... we'd have to reevaluate what we're doing.

• No way, that is so redundant. I would not marry someone for their money, I'd marry them because I love them and want to spend the rest of my life with them 'for better or worse'.

• You're the only sane one. I hope you find the love you so crave in your heart.

• Why get married in the first place, if you plan on running away at the first sight of adversity?

"Sanctity of marriage" <--- LMAO.

• I would not. What's much more important is what kind of person he is.

There are those who are fabulously wealthy that are absolutely insufferable. I would rather live in a dumpster with a good man than in a palace with a d*ckhead.

• I honestly wouldn't, I know the type of person I 'marry' will have a lot of drive and ambition. If we ended up not making enough money I don't believe it would be for long. I would help him get back on his feet (if i'm in the right place to do so). I'll wait till we fall on better times.

• I don't care honestly, as long as someone works and can help with the bills a little then i'm fine. I make decent money and I don't have an issue paying for more of the bills because of that.

• No. I wouldn't marry someone in the first place who didn't have some kind of ambition, bu as long as he's a productive member of society and contributes his part to our relationship, including financially, then I really don't care what he makes.

• Show more from Girls
    28