Would you divorce someone because they weren't making enough money?

I'll confess: I would. Money is important.

4873

What Guys Said 73

What Girls Said 48

• If you married that person then you knew their financial status. To divorce them over money is stupid and proves that you married frivolously. I think if a person works hard and full time and struggles than I personally don't mind being the bread winner. It's different if they are lazy and not willing to work or choosy on the jobs they decide to apply for or work at cause then you start to feel used or taken for granted. But if they just have a job that pays less but are putting in the hours I don't care as long as I know they love me and I love them... it's called partners.

• Low life! Love is love and you shouldn't breakup with someone you love over money!

• If she breaks up with a person over money then she didn't love him in the first place LOL

• Definitely not. If you truly love someone, you would stick it out.. "For rich or for poor".

• No love is much important to me more than money! We both can work and help each other.

• If I would truly love him I wouldn't even think about the money.

• Maybe, maybe not because money is important, yeah but so is true love.

• No because if you're willing to lose him/her for that pathetic reason then you clearly aren't that in love and your marriage was a fucking waste and lie, well on your end anyway, if you do ditch him/her for not making enough money then you're a gold digging cunt and honestly that's disgusting, if you truly love him/her you're suppose to be with him/her thick and thin through all the struggles, broke or loaded, until death and if money was so important to you GET OFF YOUR FUCKING ASS and get a job yourself then.

• WTF... never.. i would never do that..

• money isn't an object to many people

• Nope, definitely not.

• plenty of people do.

• I doubt a guy would

• No. I'd want to reevaluate our spending.

• No of course not. Neither would I want someone to divorce me because they think I wasn't making enough money. What kind of bullshit is that?

• only if he made nothing like not enough to even live well.

• No, I wouldn't. Money is important. But not all that matters.

• If you will divorce a guy because he does not make enough money then You don't deserve to get married in the first place, no offense. I could understand if you divorced the guy because he quit a good job just for a dream to be a rockstar or a painter but if he got laid off that makes you messed up as hell