Girls, If a girl says that she wants to put things on hold and be friends until we are in the same city, what should I do?

This girl and I met on a vacation. She lives in a different state. She flew out the first time and we had a great weekend and slept together. We stayed in touch and texted/talked on the phone a lot. I ended up going back out to visit her but we didn't have sex the entire weekend (claimed she was on her period). The first night she got upset with me whenever I didn't commit to going to a show that she really wanted to see. The next night she got sick and told me to go out with one of my friends since I was visiting. Whenever I went out with my friend, she texted me saying she 'wish that we could have had a movie night, but have fun!' I then met her sister the next day and her and I went to the park and I asked her what exactly it was that we were doing. She said that she thought that we should put things on hold and be friends until we were in the same city and that it was nothing that I did. However, we went back to her place before I left and she kept kissing me and laying in my lap before I left. The only thing that felt weird was that she would constantly go off and chat with her roommates without me. Whenever I was just around with one of her roommates, it was borderline awkard. Is she pulling back because she is protecting herself or because she wanted to just let me down nicely? Should I just let her go or should I at least reach out and ask why she pulled back?

2

What Girls Said 2

• ... She wanted to just let me down nicely...
    The 'Weird' Writing on the wall and all, @garygary, is she is Now making lame duck excuses to break this off, back Off and hopes that with THis... You will o off and chat with a few of your own 'roommates' or even soul mates when you are back home in your own state.
    LDR is One of the Toughest 'Tough love' to Have and to Uphold of Any kind of relationship. It takes two special people to make the effort and to make the time and have the patience to be In this LDR that almost Always ends up being in some sort of 'Show' that One or Both cannot Always... Finish.
    Once home now, let her have some space and a quiet moment where she can do some serious thing. Perhaps she will be Missing the Kissing and give you a call to let you know that she hasn't changed her mind, but really does just Want... Friends.
    I feel by her feeling all comfy and cozy with you that she is Beginning her own Beguine of letting her hair down because now that she has been this Honest Jane with you about everything, she can Now... Relax.
    If you do not hear from her, shoot her a quick text just o say "Thanks again for the great weekend and text or call when you can."
    Good luck. xx

• Thanks! You were absolutely correct. She was just letting me down easy and didn't know what to do since I was staying there for the weekend.

• So welcome, glad you could see through her. However, she may stay in touch for friends or not and probably best to move on and find someone with less roommates and closer to home. lol:)) xxoo

• Ok, her sister knows something and she basically told you to shut it down, so I think you should listen to her sister because she grew up with her, so she knows how she acts because she grew up with her and been with her and around her on a daily basis for years and she probably knows more than you know about what's going on so I think that you should listen to her sister honestly and She also said that she thought that you guys should put things on hold and be friends until you were in the same city and ""that it was nothing that I did"" which means she probably has seen her sister doing something that she was or is not supposed to be doing so she's trying to warn you and I think you should listen to her.
    You said (The only thing that felt weird was that she would constantly go off and chat with her roommates without me. Whenever I was just around with one of her roommates, it was borderline awkard.), I think they know something that you don't know.
    I think you should talk to her because she is playing with your emotions and maybe she feels like whenever she come visit you or you go visit her its just like a booty call or something and I'm pretty sure she doesn't want it to feel like that so talk to her and ask her what is going on , communication is key in ANY type of relationship.☺

• I think I should have ended that sentence the first time. I actually meant.. we went to dinner with her sister. And then after, the girl and I (not the sister) went to a park and she told that she recommended that we put it on hold.

Update: We actually did finally talk and she said that she kissed me because she wasn't sure what to do since I was staying with her over the weekend and that she still wants to be friends because she enjoys talking to me.