Will he leave his girlfriend for me?

OK, it's a little deeper than just that. A few months ago when I met this guy, I could tell he was interested in me because he was always so sweet and he'd jokingly say, "why are you with your bf? He sounds like a jerk". He'd tell me about his girlfriend and how he knew she wasn't the one for him and he didn't want to marry her and that she was a little crazy. He said their relationship was only physical. Which I didn't care, I didn't like him. Well lately I've started to really fall for him. Now he knows I like him.

The last time we had spoken, he told me he really liked me and seriously wanted me to leave my bf. Well I had been feeling like leaving him anyway so I did. I haven't told him yet but I'm worried that when I do, he might not necessarily want to leave his girlfriend right away. I don't want to make a fool of myself either by telling him I left my bf. He might think I just did it for him and think I'm wrapped around his finger.

So, if he doesn't leave her right away, I can assume he's not really that interested in a relationship with me? And should I mention my current status first, or let him ask me about it, and then casually say, "Oh I'm not with him anymore?"

21

Most Helpful Guy

• You can bring it up with him by saying something like Oh so my ex-bf the other day (something something) to let him know. But let me just tell you this isn't a good situation to be in as I have just went through what you just went through. It didn't work out in short. Whatever you do don't wait around for this guy. If he shows interest then all you need to tell him is Well if you want to be with me then you need to break up with your current girlfriend, otherwise I will not spend time with you because it's not fair to her or me to have to share you. Then stick with it until that happens. God I wish someone had taught me to say that 5 months ago...

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• First off why would you want to be with a man like him? He has a girlfriend and he's talking to you this way. How do you know when he is dating you he won't be talking to another woman this way when your relationship just becomes "physical" to him as well. He is probably just saying he doesn't want to be with his girlfriend to get attention from you. If a man really didn't want to be with someone he wouldn't no matter what. You both need time to heal from past relationships before jumping into one together. Have you ever heard that saying if he'll cheat with you he'll cheat on you. This kinda seems like one of those guys. If you do leave your boyfriend for this guy he will always think he has the upper hand and of course his ego will grow

• dont be silly girl. if he had a girl when he met you and he does happen to leave her for you, don't think it will end well. how you got him is how he'll leave you. if he is that fickle to end a relationship because of another woman don't expect him to ever be true to you. sooner or later another girl will come around and do the same thing to you. this guy won't respect you, in the back of his mind he'll just think he was a pimp because he got you to dump your boyfriend for him.