Getting back together after splitting up?

So here I am, not quite a week after getting dumped, rapidly going through the stages of getting over a break up, and feeling quite confused. In a matter of days I went from being horribly depressed, on the rebound, happy, livid- all more than once.

My ex-bf says in the future he would like to get back together. He sends me a random text last night saying he misses me. I try to make plans to visit him at work today and he completely shut me down! I don't see how that is missing me... actions speak louder than words.

Anyway, my emotions can apparently have their second go- so can this relationship? I wonder...

My questions are:

-If you have ever broken up in a relationship and gotten back together in the future, what was your reasoning on that?

-What was the reason for the split in the first place?

-What transpired the decision to get back together?

-What was different/what stayed the same?

Oh dear, how I wish for a boyfriend with a brain cell... /sigh

02

What Guys Said 2

• I have never ever gotten back together with an ex. The reason in the first place was because they have cheated on me. I really wouldn't go through with this if I were you. I mean if you've already gone through all the stages, why put yourself through all that again? I mean I'd hate it if I have to go through all that again for the same person. Remember he dumped you; for whatever reason at one point he deemed you not worthy of being with him. That's great he misses you, hey I miss the girls that cheated on me too but that doesn't mean I should get back together with them because I know they'd put me through it all again. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Sorry if I am a bit harsh, search yourself to see if this isn't just another part of the stages where you look back and wonder if you can somehow make it work. But hey, the heart wants what it wants. I do wish you the best though.

• I don't have any stories to share but I can say this...

If you want a boyfriend with a brain cell, date a neurobiologist. We have neurons and glials galore!

What Girls Said 0