Who do you think gets divorced more? Women or men?

I think it's women more than men since it would be equal logically but guys might be less likely to remarry. What's your thoughts?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• Reports have shown that women file for divorce more often than men and by a land slide amount I should add. It's pretty sad if you ask me, marriage is supposed to be forever.
    :(

• That's what I thought too with both things you said, I thought I was going to grow old with her but this seems to be the norm for a lot of women, this will be second one for her , and her sister has been divorced twice too and it's always been the women filing for it , even where I work it's always the women that wants to

• Yeah good point, I probably won't go for anyone more than 10 years younger than me anyway. Your very mature for your age though, thanks for the advice

• Well thank you! And no problem :D

Most Helpful Guy

• well i think women ask for divorce more
    they are more likely to feel like they can do better, and less likely to deal with certain troubles that come along in marriages

in movies, i dont think i have ever seen a man ask for divorce...

• Your right it seems that way, she's the one doing it to me, this will be her second and my first and I doubt I will ever marry again

• Unfortunately so am I and you bring up really good points. Makes me wonder why gay people wanted the right to marry so bad, lol

• I am interested to see if gay couples will be more successful at maintaining a marriage,
      But I guess we won't have that data for a while

What Girls Said 1

• Well the number of people getting a divorce or who have been divorced should logically be equal or close to it, yes. I'm guessing that you're talking about who FILES for divorce more often. I've heard that women initiate divorce more often then men do. The fact of the matter is that people don't want to work on their marriage or LTR anymore and when they see some cracks in the relationship, they just throw it away. People abuse the "no fault divorce" laws like crazy.

• Yeah true, New York hasn't had the no fault law for very long, I tried to work it out but with no hope even with fact she had been cheating on me for years I would have forgave her for the kids sake since I have 3 daughters with her

What Guys Said 3

• Women do and it's sad, this one post a guy did on reddit this guy found all his stuff boxed and the wife told him she never loved him... she had two kids with him. Personally I would never want to experience what guys like him go through so I'd rather have a surrogate mother and have a kid like that and just stay dating

• Yeah that's an idea but to late for me, maybe just a friend with benefits at this point

• I think the chance is equal. Try asking who gets widowed more. That would be woman because of man's mortality rate is high.

• Women full for 80 percent of divorces so men get divorced more