He said he wants a break... what does he mean?

My boyfriend of over 2 years just started college w/ me and recently told me that he needs to take a break from me for a while. He said that he can't handle school and me, but somehow still has time for other non-studying activities. I asked him if he didn't love me any more and he said he still did, but his heart wasn't with me at the moment. And during this he kept saying he was sorry and he was hugging me and kissing my head. I asked him what he meant by break and he kept saying he didn't know. I don't want to talk to him because I am deeply hurt, but Im so confused as to what exactly we are now

22

Most Helpful Guy

• starting college... Hate to be this blunt. HUGE Chance he wants to play the field for a while and see if the grass is greener

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe he is confused wih life? Or maybe he found another girl And still doesn't want to leave u cuz somehow he still loves u? thats what i would think if i were u :( im so sorry for u by the way

What Guys Said 1

• It's simple, he values education and other things over you.
    That's reasonable don't you think?

What Girls Said 1

• Basically he's saying that he wants a break up for a little bit and then get back together with you.