How do I get my confidence back? His new girlfriend can do everything I couldn't? (I'm handicapped)?

FW: Well my situation is a bit different. I am born without both arms and I learned to do stuff with my feet. No matter how independent I believe I am, some things just shake me off and toss me right out my self-esteem. He was my first long term relationship, we were together for 3 years but it was a LDR. We visited each other often and then would stay at each others places for like 2, 3 weeks. We've planed on me moving there, but he dumped me 6 months ago. He didn't gave me any reason (but believe there are planty but he just doesn't want to tell me to not hurt me or whatever). In times that we spent together, we were like normal couple living together. Exept it wasn't that normal, I couldn't do some stuff, like: when I needed to go to the bathroom he would need to put down my panties (but I was naked most of the times, with just a shirt on), he sometimes forgets to put a shower down so when I get up (usually before him) I needed to wake him up to put it down because it was too high for me to reach it, I couldn't cook because he didn't have a high bar chair so I can reach stuff (I told him to get it but he said it would take too much space and that he doesn't mind cooking for us. This sucked because there was so many times I wanted to make him something good and bring him to bed or surprise him when he gets up or comes home from work), I couldn't dress myself I needed his help (so I could never like surprise him with some sexy underwear or a hot dress), I couldn't do my hair (so it was always free falling). I think that's basically all I couldn't do, but nothing that couldn't have been fixed with some helping tools and making a custom home for me. Now he has this new girlfriend that can do all of these things and doesn't need help with anything, and I just feel so damn unworthy. I keep imagining how relieved he is now and how less complicated life it is for him now. How do I get my confidence back?

I am really a strong and confident person, I always was. I don't have any insecurities about my disability, I accepted that fact long time ago. I really don't even think about it, I think it's amazing how many things I can do by myself. But my relationship before this one ended because my ex's parents couldn't accept my disability, and it hurt so much. I got ever it eventually but it did leave a scar and a bit of a fear for my future relationships.

01

What Guys Said 1

• "FW: Well my situation is a bit different. I am born without both arms and I learned to do stuff with my feet. "

^oh sad to hear this... :(
    but as long as u can do stuff properly...

"He was my first long term relationship, we were together for 3 years but it was a LDR. We visited each other often and then would stay at each others places for like 2, 3 weeks"

^if u visited each other then it's good... did he react badly when he noticed u were handicapped?

" We've planed on me moving there, but he dumped me 6 months ago. He didn't gave me any reason (but believe there are planty but he just doesn't want to tell me to not hurt me or whatever)."

^tbh i'm afraid wot was da main reason... :/

"Exept it wasn't that normal, I couldn't do some stuff, like: when I needed to go to the bathroom he would need to put down my panties... I think that's basically all I couldn't do, but nothing that couldn't have been fixed with some helping tools and making a custom home for me."

^i see... all those reasons u xplained above i believe lead him to a break-up i'm afraid... i believe he wanted to enjoy all those "missing" things... but he didn't say his reasons y he broke up wid u coz he was afraid about how would u react... :)

"Now he has this new girlfriend that can do all of these things and doesn't need help with anything, and I just feel so damn unworthy. "

^plz don't say this... by da fact u learnt to use yer feet to do stuff u could do wid hands doesn't make u unworthy... ;)

but unfortunately truth's... when it comes to relationships it'd be difficult to find someone... most guys would think such a relationship would be complicated for 'em... like yer X did... and break-up after some point.. :/

"I keep imagining how relieved he is now and how less complicated life it is for him now. How do I get my confidence back?"

^i noticed yer update... judgin by it u sound a REALLY confident person... u accepted yer disability and u learnt to deal wid it... most people in similar situations wouldn't i believe... so wot can u do's better forget about him... after all he's taken now... just keep on improvin yerself... :)

What Girls Said 0