Guys, why do guys act all serious about a relationship with you one day but switch up really quick and dump you?

So this guy I was recently dating was acting very serious about a long term relationship with me. He said he wanted kids and wanted to get married eventually. We ended things once but we reconnected and tried to make it work and he was saying he feels so lucky to have me back and wants to be with me again and will never let me go again. Then again in the blink of an eye just acted like he wasn't into me. Now we aren't talking, he deleted me off Facebook and snapchat (he didn't do that the first time) but still follows me on instagram. Im confused if i did something wrong, if he wasn't ready, bad timing. I don't know Im just so confused why he was so up and down about being with me. He either was very serious or he totally didn't care about me telling me to go away. I'm a very independent person and make that clear in all potential relationships and that was something that seemed to be a problem with him. He was more insecure then me and seemed at times emotionally unstable. But what happened? I dont understand.

Also, he said he wanted kids and we were actively trying to. He would say he loves me but then quickly say something like well not love but Im getting there. As if like he realized he said that to me andhad to make sure to correct himself. Sometimes he wouldn't correct himself but then the next time he said it he corrected himself

1

What Guys Said 1

• It's not you, it's definitely him. Although he tells you all this stuff, his actions tell you otherwise how he really feels for you; actions does speak louder than words. In any case, he doesn't seem to know exactly what he wants; he claims he wants you and want to be with you and start a family of some sort, but then again, he would immediately change.

You also mentioned that your are independent and maybe that threatens him because like you said, he is more insecure; maybe he didn't feel much needed because you were very independent, but that shouldn't be the case.

In my opinion, the best thing for you to do is fully let go with him and not waste any more time with him. The reason I'm saying this is what if you got pregnant and he wants out? What if he hurts you again by making them empty promises and then back away again and suddenly change his views? You deserve a guy who appreciates you and respects you for who you are, and to me it's clearly not him. Good luck and I hope you find what it is you're looking for