Do some long term boyfriends eventually come back after breaking up out of the blue without giving a reason?

41

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, they do. It's very much possible.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Breakup doesn't mean they can't and don't Makeup and that it's Goodbye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still Marks an X in his own softie spot here, dear, there is usually motive in mind when it may come a time to Come Back... Out of the blue without giving reason.
    His 'Reason' of the season may be that he is Missing the Kissing and some his and her history you both shared. He may be Not with anyone right now, and has just decided to come around as though he had just come back from town.
    Go slow with his flow. If he was the One who did the 'Breaking up,' then it Is going to be hard to trust him again. You never know with Joe if he might Continue down this path of a Full circle problem pattern of doing it Once more by walking out that door.
    Perhaps Friendship is really what he wants you to skip to his loo with. This is then "Friends with benefits." That is something you would then have to decide for yourself, but it won't make him jump through loops any faster.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• If you're in this boat, so am I. I was in a 3 year long relationship and even though I don't think he'll come back, just because it won't work for me, doesn't mean it won't work with another couple.

• Yes it happens but then again, why would you ever want to be with someone who dumped you out of the blue? No matter how long the relationship lasted, the trust would be gone.

• Not mine. He broke up with me about a year ago out of the blue. I did not see it coming, really. He gave me reasons, but they were not that believable. We were together 3 years, living together 2. He found someone immediately after he broke up with me (he met her a couple of months before). And as far as I know (not much really... I went NC since then) they are still together.

• He tried to contact me six months aftertax break up actually, but I doubt he was thinking of a reconciliation... probably he just wanted to feel less guilty.