My ex (and best friend) said "I don't want to hear anything about your new relationships."?

We're friends so I was ranting to him about a new guy I'm seeing and he said he didn't want to hear anything about it.

does this mean he's not over me?

41

Most Helpful Guy

• Or he's telling you to deal with it yourself

Most Helpful Girl

• Not necessarily. No matter how long ago the relationship was, or how far gone the romantic feelings are, its still hard hearing your ex talk about their new relationship, especially if you were gushing or giving intimate detail. That's what makes remaining close friends with an ex so complicated. There is always some sort of feeling there... even if its just a love for past fond memories.

I'm close friends with one of my exes, and while you typically talk or vent about your boyfriends to your friends, I keep talking about my current to my ex at a bare minimum. Sure he knows I'm seeing someone now, and we live together, and any big changes he hears from me, but other than that my current just sort of exists. Its just a common courtesy, and he does the same thing with anyone he dates. I feel it keeps things less complicated. The only time I bring up my current to my ex is:
    1. I tell him when I start seeing someone new. I figure its best he hears it from me since we are friends.
    2. If something serious in the relationship happens, like we move in together, and engagement, or a pregnancy. Also things I feel he should hear from me.
    3. If a serious issue in the relationship is very similar to one my ex and I had. He could offer me advice or insight I didn't see during our relationship, or make me realize a negative pattern about myself. But even then I keep the gory details to a BARE MINIMUM.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• He might still have feelings for you or it might just be too weird for him. People don't like to hear about their parents sex life so it kind of makes sense that he doesn't want to know about the relationships of someone he was previously in a relationship with. It might be best to avoid details.

• It's possible. How long ago did you break up?

• yea it still hurts for him to hear that you are seeing someone else