Would you forgive me?!

i was dating this guy for about 3 months. everything was fine and we began to like each other. my ex boyfriend started texting and calling me again. like an idiot I went back to him. so me and my ex were back together for about 3 months but I didn't want to be with him anymore cause I couldn't stop thinking about the other guy I was dating. so I broke it off with my ex. and explained to the guy I was dating how I felt and that I regretted my decision and I would love it if him and I could start over. he was so cold, saying things like I had my chance with him, etc. but in the end didn't really give me a direct decision.

do you think I deserve a second chance? I mean come on I think everyone does! girls/guys have you ever been in this situation? do you think he just needs some time to think about it? I would appreciate any advice! thanks!

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Its really hard on that, you have to think, he cared about you enough to be with you and then you just said bye to go back to your ex. To me, Id think you were not fully over your ex and coming back a second time would have me feelings like I'm just a rebound or things didn't really work with him so you decided to come back.

But that could just be me, if you really want to try being with this guy again, Id suggest taking your time and perhaps show him (nothing drastic or needy mind you) that you want to be with him and perhaps in time he would see your serious and give you a 2nd chance.

You just need to remember you hurt him and he is going to be questionable of you now.

What Guys Said 3

• I would have given you a big "no" as well.

My question would have been why would you go back to your ex if you were honestly interested in me? Furthermore, I would have figured that after you went back to your ex, you realized why you left him in the first place, then tried to come back to me as the second choice, which is even more insulting.

Sorry, but I would have been just as cold and by the time you came back I would have already moved on with my life. You did have your chance and you just blew that one.. That just doesn't sound worthy of a second chance..

• I'm going to have to go with a no as well. In my books you get one chance and one chance only. Life is too short to be with someone who's already left you once and put you through hell. At that point you pretty much have zero credibility and anything you say I will consider as lies. Trust is the foundation of that relationship, and by leaving me that trust was broken. Which then leads me to think that everything you have said was a lie.

• No. Because you left him hanging.

Good Luck.

- Harvey D

What Girls Said 1

• I am not sure that I would give the person a second chance. It would be very hard for me to get past the hurt and deep disappointment. I think that when you are involved with someone, you need to truly identify what you have in the relationship and with that person. The ex is an ex for a reason. I would feel like the person might not have been over the ex in the first place. Why else would he/she want to try again?

I understand that people are human and will make bad choices in life. However, when I give my heart to someone that is a privilege in my book. When that person terminates the relationship and chooses someone else over me, it's done. I probably won't go back. Sorry.