Should I text my ex this?

We broke up a year ago. It was my fault. Just if you're wondering.

"It has come to my attention that you only contact me to ask about whether i have moved on from you or not? Or talked about how "naughty" we were together. As i have told you twice that i am still trying to move on and you contacting me again is making it harder than it already is. If you have no intention of you and me being us again then i think you should stop sending me mssg. My feelings for you is still the same like it was 5 years ago and i think you should know this before you stop all contact with me. I know I've treated you really badly and i am very sorry. I'm already under a lot of stress right now please dont make it worse for me. I've been thinking about suicide dozens of times this past year. When you last contacted me it gave me hope that maybe we could be together again by saying "talk to you soon" then just leave me there hanging, thinking about you only contact me to talk about the "amazing" times we had. Why are you doing this to me? To get back to me for what i did to you? M*****, im very tired. My soul is tired. So as i said before if you have no intension of getting back together with me then don't contact me anymore. By this i mean forever. If you feel like writing back a closure then please do, it will make it easier not just for me but also for you. I will respect whatever you decide, i will never try to win your heart back which i know it won't work anyway. Thank you for reading this."

i know i seem very desperate and pathetic here buy i really dont care. It has been a year since the breakup last week was the second time he measaged me he said he misses me and blablabla and he brokeup with his girlfriend. I need a closure and i dont expect him to take me back. I just need to know why he's doing it.

• Text him
  • Dont text him (why)
  • See results
    Vote C

84

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really want to move on then do that. Move on. Delete his texts and do not read them. You said it yourself, reading his texts is making it more difficult to move on.

Make it easier. Ignore him completely as he is holding you back. Move on.

• I just want to know why he's doing this?

• Who cares. Move on.
      Then there is the option where you can feed whatever he is doing and keep this alive...

Most Helpful Girl

• Let it go. You'll just make urself look a little pathetic. Don't let him know ur still thinking about him actively like that. Don't let him have the upper hand. He might nkt even give u the closure u want so its nkt worth it...

• If i dont text him then there's a chance he will text me again. I find it very hard to not reply to his message. This is very hard for me right now, i have family issues there's a chance that my brother is using drugs again and the other brother of mine is using my parents for their money. And now him. I just can't take it anymore, im very tired physically and emotionally

• It won't fix them but it will make it easier for me cause I wouldn't be thinking about him. I don't know i feel really hurt right now its like my heart got stabbed a thousand times

• i kno it sucks :( and its hard :(
      it sounds like u already have ur heart set on sending it to him...

What Guys Said 3

• Jesus , that story its just like mine , but its the other way around , she does that to me. At the beginning i thought you were her O. o My heart just fucking died right there. But i guess not , im portuguese so I doubt it :D , I would say to don't text him. I did the same. I didn't text her , i stopped texting her. And moved on and she did the same. And im much better now.

• I texted him. His reply was:

"Hey *my name* sorry iv been busy this weekend. But I don't think we can possibly be us again whilst we live so far away, it's not what I want and it would be so difficult. If we lived in the same country then I would give us ago but not in this current situation. I hope you understand and I'm sorry if I got your hopes up."

he's from england by the way haha. Im moving on now, I just need to get that out of my chest. Hoping he won't contact me again after this

• He won't , he will if you let him. So it's up to you , hope that you move on and be happy again :) Alone or with someone else. *Fingers Crossed* '-'

• Please get rid of the thank you at the end

• No. This belongs in your diary.

Why is he doing it? Because you are the closest opportunity he has right now of getting into bed. It is sometimes easier to go back to the old watering hole than to dig a new well.

Your correct response is to block his number and never contact him again.

What Girls Said 7

• I just NOW saw this... Text him a Closure but THEN Block him from Answering. He is playing head and heart games with you because he may even want friends with benefits with you but NOT... a relationship again.
    Make it light and semi sweet, tell him to move on, he can no longer haunt you and you are not going to fall prey to any day of the week with any more of his head and heart games.
    Do not tell him about being suicidal you will jus tenable him to keep trying to contact you and with Blocking him NOW, you NOW.. Have this closure with a skeleton in the closet.
    Good luck. xx

• Too bad this is the most helpful answer!😢 anyway i texted him what i wrote up the without the thank you part. This was his response:

I didn't reply after that.

• :)) xxoo

• Me too, but in essence, you did a good job with your own commons sense. xxoo

• If your wish is to move on for good, why not passing on the text and go straight to no contact? By blocking him on social media, blocking his number, avoiding any place you think you might see him, you would not give in to the temptation to reply to his next reaching out attempts.

It seems to me, though, that you do not want to move on - not quite yet. By sending him the message above you are actually hoping to see him running back to you, promise you to work things out and try one more time. Most likely he won't run back to you. Especially if he knows you are desperate, had suicidal thoughts, an your life is a mess! Most people don't like drama...

About why he is doing this... hard to say. I doubt he wants to get back at you for something you did in the past. He might miss you and he might feel guilty. But if this is the case, why does he disappear again instead of asking you out and have a conversation with you? Is he shy? He might also like to have his ego stroked from time to time, since he knows (and what you wrote confirms it) that you still love him deeply, that you are hurt because of the break up, and that he has such a power on you that you cannot tell him no. In this case he texts you simply to string you along... many do so, trust me!

My suggestion would be: pass on the message, talk to him instead. Ask him out. Keep the conversation casual and have a positive attitude! I am sure you will understand from his behavior if there is still a connection... and move from there.

❤️

• If you want to text him, as much as you're hurting don't let him know that you're vulnerable, that way he knows he still has you wrapped around his finger. You're a strong women, you can let him know that his texts are going to fly by you anymore, that it's only making it harder and that if he's just getting your hopes up on there being an "us" again then he can either tell you there is a chance or stop wasting your time. Stop apologizing, what's done is done it's in the past, and if you keep doing it, he may just hold it against you. Tell him you need closure if anything and grow up. I hope your heart heals soon, because you deserved to be loved and not feel like you're trapped in heart break xxxxxx

• He is keeping you hanging on and IMHO he knows what he is doing.

Reason? It might be because you hurt him, but whatever the reason, its cruel and uncalled for.

Just ignore the texts (don't feed him), block or delete him from social media, move on, find someone else to love.

• Text him and tell him how you feel

• Don't text him. It will just make u depressed. And hopefully he will get the hint u don't want to talk to him anymore. That the past is the past. Good luck.

• Go for it!