Ex - girlfriend completely ignores me in public.. as if we never met?

At certain events I see her glancing at me from a distance but never really makes eye contact. . within close proximity you would swear we never met, just cruises past me like I'm a ghost.. Is this normal? Or should we at least be able to say hi and bye? Normal convo? To be fair I don't say hey to her because I would literally have to grab her to get her attention as she walks by because she doesn't make eye contact.

42

Most Helpful Guy

• Me and this girl... Not even sure what the hell happened between us. It was half a year before we bumped into each other after we stopped talking.
    She was looking into her phone, I saw her coming my way and though nobody would have blamed me for walking by without saying anything, I did say hi to her. She smiled and said hi. She kind of stopped trying to get me to talk to her. But this is the thing: I didn't wanna talk to her like that... we no friends, we haven't talked in half a year for fuck sake. At all. It's not like we can pretend it's all good now and hey let's talk. I can't pretend to be something I'm not. So I said I'm fine and I kept walking.
    Next time she seems me coming down the alley, she turns her back on me. I passed by. Then she did it again. I actually said hi to her and she responded back this time. She tried to smile but it was like one of those painful smiles.
    Then she was getting off the car with her boyfriend (I guess, didn't even look at him). I was quite far to actually say hi, so I raised my hand as a hello. She actually says hello, cause I read her lips and puts on a big smile. (way different than the times she ignored me huh?). I did get close to them, but I didn't stop this time either, I minded my business.
    But you see what I mean: smiling and wanting to talk, ignoring, ignoring and then as I said hi she responded and tried to smile, then she puts on a bigger smile next time we met.
    What's going on in her mind: only she knows. If you wanna know why she ignores you, then ask her.
    It's most likely one of these: she's simply an idiot, she's hurt, she wants to make you jealous and get you back (seems she caught your attention with her behavior so it seems it works), doesn't know how to react and how you two should be behaving around each other.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think you should be too hung up on how your ex acts around you. It is normal if it ended on bad terms or if she has some sort of resentment towards you for some reason.

• Only you know why she does this... Well, you and she.
    I feel that's a woman crossed. Wouldn't play with fire.

• Just say hey and if she igrones you move on.

• Yes, Im thinking she should be able to be cordial, unless you ended in bad terms. But, then again everybody handle break up differently. I feel judging on the relationship, one shouldn't feel obligated to maintain a "friendship " if she's taking the breakup bad and she's trying to move on. Maybe she needs a bit more time to get over you.

What Guys Said 1

• Well be glad that at least you have a mature approach to this, unlike her.