Have you ever broke up and got back together?

Feeling down and need some hope, so it would be nice to hear some success stories :).

61

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes and it was a huge mistake. We broke up again a few months later and now I clearly see why it could not work.
    When we feel rejected or away from the one we want to be with we tend to idealize that person and forget about the wrong they have done. That is how we end up getting back together but a break up always means there is something truly wrong about two people being together.

Most Helpful Guy

• Been there , done that. It didn't end well. (More because of what she did than because of what omitted).

What Girls Said 5

• yes. but it wasn't the right thing to do. we just had an on and off relationship.
    But if u need a more positive story.
    my sister and her boyfriend were off and on for like 7 years... then got married, had a baby and are still together.
    it really just depends on the reasons you break up. sometimes we break up with someone over something stupid, and realzie it was a mistake :)

• never. sorry. i dont do that.

• For what reason? Let''s say the guy is a catch, but he did something to make him un-attractive to you. You don't want to lose him, he decides not to stick around. Would your feelings re-kindle over-time and would you come back to him?

• I know feelings don't work like that, but what I'm saying is if they DID come back for him in a situation like that, wouldn't you give him another chance to see if he changed?

• when i love, i give everything. everything, for as long as i possibly can. if we're reached the point where we aren't actually together, something bloody serious has happened, because i dont let go easy. and if HE's the one leaving me, that turns me off him even more so id never get back with him. that's basically me giving him a second chance to break my heart.

i've already been through hell. my heart can only take so much.

• Yes I have and it can be awkward. I feel the need to when you really care about someone or truly love someone the way you say you do☺.

• Space off and on for months now, and now that he is stable and not moving around, everything is going well.

• I haven't in my experience, but a friend of mine broke up with her high school boyfriend, they were apart for over a year but got back together again and now they're moved in together.

I think a lot of it depends on the reason you broke up. What was yours?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!