How much time is enough time?

So me and my girlfriend broke up 2 weeks ago and during the first week I was trying to talk to her asking if we can just talk. But recently, she has started to ignore me when I text her. So im trying the no contact thing. Now I was thinking that the no contact should last 2 weeks minimum and a month maximum. How much time is apporiate for the no contact?

53

Most Helpful Girl

• She made it clear that she doesn't want to be with you anymore.
    You have to simply move on instead of thinking about, "How long should I stay in no contact for?"
    It should be permanent in this case.
    She's ignoring you...(this is a huge sign) that she doesn't even want you in her life at all.

• I got the sign of her ignoring me and I'm trying my best to move on by hanging out with my friends and focusing on my studies. But I feel like I have "unfinished business"

• That feeling will eventually fade. I'm sorry you just have to let it go.
      When time passes and you try to talk to her about the past , it will be considered "digging up old dirt". Allow yourself to move on

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends how close you are, if you are both new to each other sounds like she's already on her way out and you better go after her now

• We were pretty close but whenever I see her she completely ignores me. If I tried texting her right now she wouldn't answer or even read the text. That's what I'm saying on how much time should let this go?

• Well just let it go then

What Girls Said 4

• You guys ended the relationship. It's kapish. Finished

• wait 30 days... everything will look different then.

• How long you were in relationship?

• 3 and a half months

• That is not too long... try going out with someone new...

• You can't make a dead person alive... similar way.. this relationship is dead... so you have to find it in you... have self respect and dignity and move on... .. this girl is not treating you well...

• 30 days is the general rule.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't understand if you both have broken up then what is the need to maintain contact? why must you?

• ummm you broke up... that's the point.
    Mine lasted for a month, so I just want to be friends because we didn't really establish deep feelings for each other so nothing was really lost... at least for me. I don't know how she feels, I couldn't really care less because she is the one that broke up with me for no damn reason.

• Mine lasted 3 months and we are pretty close. Except for right now we both kinda ignore each other when we see each other. We established really deep feelings for each other over those 3 month