We broke up and now we are giving each other "time to think"?

I have been with my (now) ex for 2 years and we just broke up on Tuesday night for the second time. All of the breakups stemmed from me not being sure of our future because I have a career in this program that I'm in, but he always tells me that he is going to "try and move up in the company" with every company he's in but I never really see him try. The first time I tried to break up with him I told him this, but he convinced me that he just needed time to move up and get a better job (January). Then later, when I graduated from college (May) I actually broke up with him because of the same reason, and I just told him that we aren't on the same page and I didn't like that feeling so it wouldn't work. Well we missed each other and ended up getting back together maybe like 2 days later. Well just this past Tuesday I broke up with him again because again I was doubting our future and he just didn't know what to say and we didn't talk until this morning. When I saw him this morning he told me that I should have asked him about his goals and future before breaking up with him because all it took was a conversation and didn't deserve a breakup, and I told him I was sorry. He then said that if I did want to get back together he would need time to think, and I didn't want to seem impatient and ask how much time so I just said okay that's fine. After thinking about everything I have realized that my reason for breaking up with him didn't make a lot of sense and I regret it, but my friend told me she saw him on a dating app today and that his acount was acitve and "online", and this really upset me. Some of my friends say he's just tired of getting broken up with by me and we probably won't make it but others say he is just upset and using this time to get his mind off of me and see if it's me he really wants. I regret what I did and want him back for good but I don't know how to approach it especially now that I know he is probably talking to other girls. What should I do?

11

What Guys Said 1

• I am a love man whi lost many times and got many exp. About it. So never forget that

LOVE NEVER NEED BREAK
    BECAUSE YOU can't EVEN TAKE BREATH IF YOU ARE FAR WAWY FEOM EACH OTHER WHEN YOU LOVE SO MUCH

IT MEANS THAT LOVE FINISHED AND YOU LOST YOUR EXCITEMENT IF YOU ARE IN BREAK ))

SO NEVER MIND. IT ENDED AND CAN NEVER BE GOOD AGAIN.

What Girls Said 1

• you should probably give him his space you've thought about and expressed your doubts, now he needs to think about your doubts, his doubts and sort out how he feels. the most you can do is let him know u want him back for good, but only if you are sure. which you should think over for awhile whether thats whats best for you. you may both actuallyneed space to think things over