My ex asked me to hang out and I accepted and I acted cool like he didn't broke my heart. Now I feel stupid?

We actually laughed and watched something funny. Like nothing happened. And then he said he has to go and that was it. And now I'm here feeling stupid that I even went out with him. I can't pretend like he didn't break my heart into pieces. He's probably gonna ask me out again, what do I tell him? I don't want to want him back.

42

Most Helpful Guy

• Really, I'm a firm believer in keeping exes in the past. I don't communicate with mine, ever for any reason.

its really simple, you say you are busy and then ghost.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't feel bad, at least you saw him and you were totally innocent and as mature as could be in the entire process. Maybe he wanted to see how you were doing, felt, etc and of course maybe (cringe) see if you/him still had feelings there. I think you should cancel next time around and see if he still ask you out again. If you tell him you can't make it and he backs off and never calls again then move forward. Let him know however you'd love to hang out but you're busy till so/so date. If he calls again, go right ahead. Just don't put the world of thought/emotions into the date.

What Guys Said 1

• you don't need to tell him nothing
    why would you want be around person broke your heart?
    act like nothing happened and don't contact with him.

What Girls Said 3

• You should ask him why he wants to see you. To get things straight. If it's because he wants you back, question yourself: Do you really want him back too? If not, simply tell him. It's better to hurt someone with the truth than to flatter them with a lie. He will leave you alone and you won't feel like you want him back. But if you want him back, go and have fun! :)

• It's a horrible idea to attempt being friends with an ex.

• just stay away from him.