Ever had an ex completely disappear? like off the face of the earth?

i had this one ex girlfriend who lived in same town as me completely disappear around January of this year so i haven't seen or heard anything from her in a very long time. the last time i saw her was at this country bar on a Saturday night and after that she disappeared rest of school semester and then took off out west for a summer job and hasn't been heard from since at least i haven't heard from her. she just like disappeared completely and it felt very weird as she used to be very visable around here at her jobs or bar where she was high profile and well known. its not like i haven't moved on and meet a lot of other girls since she did this. i just find it all very weird someone would just give up there normal life and take off to another place simply cause there relationship didn't work out. anyways i'm not sure if she plans to ever come back or if i will ever see her again.

65

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh yes, my ex disappeared for a few months, came back to haunt me for a couple of months, and disappeared again without a word. I don't know the whole story about what happened with you guys, but with mine, it wasn't just about the relationship not working out. From what he said the first time he left, it was about his life and career that he decided to leave. He just wasn't happy with the way his career, his life, and his sense of self was going, and he desperately needed a change of environment to get away from the pressures of his career and social life to think and figure himself out.

• I don't think she left cause of career? she still could of had a full time job here at golf course where she worked during summers in past. from what I saw she was just working as a server out there and not really advancing her career , she was going through school to be a teacher so being a server doesn't seem like an advancement

• Hmmmm, okkk, maybe she just needed a change of environment then, or maybe she just went out there to experience and explore something different.

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately not...

What Girls Said 5

• It could be a sign of how much the breakup hurt her. Maybe she decided to just take time out to have a fresh start. She may still be doing everything as per normal but just quietly and out of the way. This may not be the case but I'm speaking from experience and what I've read. It's not weird to do that, it's how some people deal with pain. It's not easy for everyone to just get over things with your ex and pop up in the same environment like everything is normal. Doesn't make her immature either or unable to handle the breakup but I think what she's doing (if that's what she is doing) is the best way to heal. It means when she does see you she'll be completely over you and the hurt because she gave herself that full time away.

• Yes! But that makes easier to get over them.

• I was one of those who did that. But just because the relationship didn't work out doesn't mean she disappeared because of that. I used to disappear from the city for years at a time for personal business. Even friends barely heard from me if at all. But that's just how I'm like and there's multiple reasons she may have done it too aside the failed relationship.

• Do you even care she left. I'm asking cause it seems like u don't, I'm curious as to why u would bring this up,.. So I guess my question is in a situation like yours, do the man care, do he think of the girl would u say u miss her if she's stayed away?

• well I felt summer went smoother with her not around and didn't seem to be as much tension at bar when she wasn't there anymore. guess I never understood why she needed to take things to such an extreme. like moving across the country is really taking things beyond the normal say trying to avoid someone around town. I guess the whole thing always bothered me and it feels weird that she is no longer around. also maybe this was on my mind cause yesterday was the anniversary of our break up , it has been a while since we were close but she sometimes is on mind

• Oh, okay... Well if it's been a lighter feel for you, then that a good thing I suppose and it's probably for the best she's gone now. I guess she felt the same way, maybe less tension. Maybe went away to pursue another opportunity. We all take breakups differently. Maybe she can't be friends right now due to her lingering feelings, and knowing u don't feel the same hurt her more than u realized.

• Happened to me once.

What Guys Said 4

• Several. My ex fiancee wasn't so nice. So i tell her how horrible of a mother she is every year on her birthday, I think it's a nice way of showing her that I remember her and how great she was when we were together.

• Why should I keep contact with exes?

• I am this person! The only people I stay permenantky connected to are my family. Everyone else gets a I'll see you when I see you kinda treatment. So will you ever see her again? Maybe but I wouldn't invest to much time waiting and looking for her.

• Yes I found her and it landed me in jail.