Boyfriend broke up with me but said he might want to be together in the future?

Basically, my boyfriend broke up with me, because once he started college again, he didn't have any spare time for me at all and it was making me very sad. I was of course very heartbroken about the break-up and still am.

We talked about the break-up and I asked him if he had feelings for me still. He said "I don't know." I asked him to explain and he said that he does care about me but he doesn't see how it will work since he's so busy. So I asked him, Do you want to be with me in the future? He said, "I think I do want to be with you."

Honestly, it's killing me, because I love him and want to be with him so badly, but I'm afraid he'll meet someone else. It's even worse, because he's so busy, he almost never talks to me, and it makes me overthink things and I start thinking he doesn't really like me that much. I don't want him to lose all feelings for me. I'm afraid I'll be waiting for him and he'll find someone else, and I'll be the only one left to cry. I just don't know what to do at this point. What do you guys think?

More opinions please
~~~~~~~~~~~~

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Dear Anonymous,

It breaks my heart that you guys had to split up. I know that being away from each other can really put stress on any relationship. It is very unfortunate that your relationship had to end that way, but there is something that's bothering me about this break up.

It seems like he's keeping you on the 'hook', if you will. He wants you around but not as a commitment. Also, his 'I don't know' and 'I think I want to' makes me think that he's not sure about his feelings towards you. You don't want a guy like that! You want a man who loves you indescribably and completely, without a doubt! And to be totally honest, since he's going away to college again, he probably wants to experience college as a free, single bachelor.

It pains me to say this, but you might have to move on from him and pursue better men. It's not healthy to hold onto love and hope that he doesn't find someone else. The relationship is done, but if his feelings for you were true, he'll find his way back to you.

This is ONLY advice and you can do with it what you will.

Sincerely <3

• That's something that bothered me, too. I think he's really conflicted and confused if the relationship is worth it. It does make me sad that he isn't sure of anything. Thank you very much for your advice.

• No problem! I'm glad I could help, even just a little bit!

What Guys Said 1

• He wants to keep you on the back burner, just in case.

• Really? :\

• He's gotta be either all in or just out. You can't sit on the fence like that.

You asked him if he has feelings for you and he doesn't know. He's just afraid of rejecting you because he want's to leave his options open. He'd be fine being with you when it's more convenient for him if he doesn't find something better.

Don't work yourself up over someone who's going to leave you when life gets a little busy. Life is like that. It's always like that. He should grow some balls and make it clear what he really wants, and if he really don't know, which is BS, then he should figure it out.

What Girls Said 1

• No way should you go back to him. If he's says he doesn't know, its a no, just do not go back to him. if he loved you hed stay with you and work it out. Girl you deserve better

• Just told him that I gotta distance myself from him. I told him to text me if he finds out how he feels about me, otherwise it's bye for now.

• You shouldn't even give him the chance to text you if he decides he loves you or whatever. You don't need that type of baggage in your life