When should you not give up?

When you can't see yourself ever getting over your ex... when you are so saddened on such an intense level that you can't even imagine wanting what you had with him with anyone else, ever... should you not give up hope?

He hasn't talked to me in six months, so I get that I need to understand no message is a message in itself. But the eternal optimist that I am... I have to wonder what level of heartbreak you have to be at to know you shouldn't give up on someone... do you think that type of misery is not normal, that it's telling me to fight for him even though he's not fighting for me? Please help... I can't see myself ever letting go of him and the hope for being with him again is the only thing keeping me going right now.

31

Most Helpful Guy

• I say that you go for broke and try to see your ex in person and let him know your feelings about him. Even though there is the high possibility that he won't take you back at least you'll know for sure that there is no chance. And that way you'll have peace of mind and can slowly get over him.

One bad thing about doing this is that when its all over you'll probably cry your heart out knowing that all chance is gone but know that its for the best

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• Six months is long enough for you to move on. It sounds like he's pretty clear that he wants to move on. You need to accept that and do the same for yourself for your own sanity.

• Why are u so compelled to this man... From what u say he's hurting you...

• I recently went through this. It's so hard. I'm sorry. :( i asked so many similar questions hoping that someone would tell me to keep fighting & of course some people told me to. So I kept fighting, & he moved on. I think the best thing to do is give up hope. Personally, I believe it's better to not be disappointed.