He refuses to let me show him how to shave his facial hair so that it won't scratch my face; is he subtly trying to get me to break up with him?

He says I'm complaining. I've tried to talk to him about this many times. He gets very angry and says I'm not letting him just be happy and do what he wants.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you mean by "show him how to shave his facial hair"? Do you want to shave it for him? I would not let my girlfriend shave it for me. It's very different from shaving your legs or armpits I would not trust her enough. It's easy to get a cut while shaving.

Or do you just mean that he should shave it a certain way? My girlfriend also asks me to shave it every now and then. Usually I do anyway but sometimes I'm too lazy. Perhaps he was just in a bad mood to begin with.

Not to sound disrespectful but if you read that much into something small like this I doubt this is the first time you wanted him to change something he likes?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is about facial hair.
    Why is this such a big deal?
    My guy shaves his facial hair almost daily.
    The next day I will feel the stubbles growing back.
    It will scratch me if he leans in and kisses me , or presses his face against mine.
    He has fast hair growth.
    A lot of men are like this.
    No matter how "correctly" or low they shave their facial hair... its only bound to re-appear literally overnight.
    I think you both should let this go.
    It's sooo small!!!

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think so. Seems to me like you're trying to change something that he doesn't want to change. You can try and encourage him to shave it and let him know that it bothers you but besides that you can't really do much. If he want to keep his facial hair a certain way that's his decision and you'll just have to accept it

What Girls Said 2

• maybe he really likes when he has his facial hair... you can't force him to do it if he doesn't want to

• I doubt not wanting to shave facial hair is a reason to break up. He must simply like his stubble and not want to remove it. Imagine if he constantly asked you to cut your hair short cuz its always in his face? Could get annoying and make you angry sometimes since you like how long your hair is... Its his preference at the end of the day.