He won't stay away?

I have been single for a year. Recently though my last ex keeps texting me about how he really misses me and wishes he could take back what he did. Only problem is that when we broke up he seemed to not care at all. He started dating another girl a week from when we broke up. Now he texts me saying he cries at night because he knows he messed up and misses me, yet when we dated he didn't cry or care at all. He even goes to the extreme length of saying that in his mind we are still dating and he owns me. Honestly I dont know what to think. Any opinions on my situation? What do you recommend I do? Keep in my mind I don't hate the guy, it just annoys me how suddenly a year after our break he decides to care. Especially since I'm dating someone. Can he still possibly be jealous?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• There are multiple option. One could be that he actually does regret it and has now realized it after a year. But the other is as you said yourself, he's just jealous and wants you as plan B after he failed to date someone else. Just ignore him.

Oh and what did he do, if I may ask? If he cheated then forget about him completely.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Breaup doesn't mean they can't and don't makeup and that it's goodbye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still Marks an X in his own softie spot, @Ioba96, there may come a time down this fine line when out of the Blue... Recently though my last ex keepstexting me about he really misses me...
    He may have gone out there a free bird, chirping and flapping his wings for this Other, but saw that during his course in that 'Year,' dear, You were the One he is Tweeting about now because he is Missing the Kissing and the History you both shared and Maybe... No other girl compared.
    Go slow though with his flow. He may be crying the blues today but if he would get up with you, may behave his way with you, it could be Like... Yet when we dated her didn't cry or care at all.
    It's really your call of the wild. You say you are with someone else now. I don't believe though as being as wise as I am, I would fly off with this Bird and think it is going to be greener on the other side of his failure fence. Sometimes hard habits are hard to kick and he just might do a Full circle pattern again in the end.
    Reply to him to be polite. Explain to him that although this is flattering, you appreciate the text so tender, but you are seeing someone else now and you think it best if this was your last touch of the button.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 1

• Think of it like working out at the gym.

After a long, intense, grueling workout, you don't immediately feel that after-pain.
    It takes a while for it to set in, which is what we call DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness).

He is jealous. He is hurt. He is regretting it all after the fun he's had.
    It's all up to you.

But... There is always a but... He may have failed those previous relationships and may be at rock bottom, seeking someone to comfort him.
    It may be him just being desperate for someone to date.

What Girls Said 2

• Do you still have feelings for your ex? If yes, then you have to choose between your ex and the person you are currently dating.
    I wouldn't exactly say he is jealous but more like he is in deep regret of what he has done.

• No I do not have feelings for him. Next t like the one I had before. He is only a friend to me.

• Not * like

• he's jealous for sure.