How do you manage seeing your ex with another guy?

So me and my girlfriend broke up 3 weeks ago and this morning she posted up a picture of her with her homecoming date (who is my friends brother). With her arms around him tight just like she used to do with me. Also today would have been our anniversary. How do I manage this?

1012

Most Helpful Girl

• BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK.

Nothing good will come from keeping tabs on her, you absolutely have to make a conscious effort to let her go. There's no reason to love her or wait, she's moving on. Do it for yourself.

Most Helpful Guy

• It sucks, man. I've been there - we likely ALL have been there. But ya' know what? Y'all broke up for a reason and that reason will likely be better for both of you.

Life is nothing more than a series of complete fuck-ups, followed by acceptance, followed by understanding that's hopefully followed by a lesson learned.

You learn from it, grow from it, and never look back, my dude. Get your butt out there and find you another lady to put your arm around. You found her - you'll find another, I promise.

And don't let jealousy or sadness take over, because then it'll really bug you if you're upset while she's moved on. Take a deep breath, open your eyes, and open the door.

What Girls Said 9

• Block her from your Facebook/ Instagram for starters.

• Best way is that I would say is to get over her. She doesn't like you anymore, THE HARSH HARSH TRUTH. Since she is clearly over it. A tip from me to you is don't seem depressed or sad over it, prove to her and see what a great guy she's missing out on. Just keep up with your normal life, maybe join a sport? Or find a new girl that you like.

• Ouch. I already feel your pain through your words. I guess a combination of looking and then blocking - seeing enough that you don't keep wondering, and not seeing enough to crush yourself. Plus, plenty of time and letting your feelings truly sink in and finally pass. I think it's important to eventually feel it. Otherwise, avoiding it may damn well kill you. Best of luck.

• you go out and get you something new for her to wonder about aswell, you'll feel better too

• Don't follow her on social media.. I've gone down that road and it only ends up with resentment and anger. Go have fun and don't worry about what she's doing i promise it'll help in the long run.

• With a sigh of relief!
    Imagine they both have your parents' arms around them with smiles, the whole community applauding them, even kids of yours posing to make a new album that buries your old one. Once you really come to grips with :the gutter they put you in" .. have faith that God will send you an angel to save you & insure the rest of your life is unbelievably better than any life prior. Read Job in the Bible while you are waiting, being open to divine actions suggestions, as well as an eye peeled for that sign that says... there, over there is the angel I sent you... go to her.

It happened to me and others I know. Blessings sometimes are offered through extreme pain. I guess we may appreciate them more and have less temptation to look back.

• Usually it's a mutual split, so I am happy that he's found a woman that fits with him. For the one that cheated on me, I'd like to warn the woman he's dating.

You can try dating someone new. Or keep busy with a hobby or two, if you aren't ready to date.

• I feel like the only way to move on is by dating. I actually met this girl the other day that I want to try to pursue

• There ya go! Good luck and have fun. :)

• If you broke up with her (for no reason) than...

• She broke up with me! Saying that things haven't been the same between us and that we never talk. I agreed that things between us haven't been the same, but we talk all the time. At least that was her reason. I didn't want to break up

• If that's true, move on, she isn't worth it

• dont look at them,

What Guys Said 11

• I personally avoid seeing those type of things, after the breakup I slowly and gradually remove my Ex'es from everything, it's better this way in the long run.

Why haunt yourself with someone, who gave up on you and immediately is in a relationship with someone else, really show's their character and immaturity in the long run.

• They're not dating or anything but just going to homecoming together. I highly doubt that they are going to date but if they do I won't be surprised either.

• Stop following her on whatever social media site you're seeing the pictures on if it's upsetting you that much.

• I'd suggest drinking the pain away, but you're too young to do that. It sucks, there is no way around it. The only thing that makes it better is getting older and letting some time pass.

• She is not dating this guy but just going to homecoming with him. I honestly doubt that they're going to date.

• I don't.

Once a girl becomes an ex, I cut her completely from my life. Blocked on all social media, all contacts deleted.

You can't get over her if you cling to the past.

• Since most of my relationship ended in a good way, I'd casually walk to them and have a chat. Warn the guy about her weird habits and tease around with the guy. Ultimately say they look good together. As for you, my friend. I'd say go to your mates and find some place to get loose a little. You know, all those stuff you do with your best buds... Hope this helps.

• I highly doubt that they are going to date. and yes it helps

• I think it's ok to remove her on social media and avoid for awhile. It's normal to feel jealous. At some point it won't matter and the two of you can be friends but right now it sounds too fresh.

• When we broke up she said we should start over as friends and try to work back. she's actually been ignoring me for the past week so I gotten her hints that she wanted to move on. But I don't think friends ignore each other

• You can't be friends. And it's a mistake to try. You are their ex, not their friend. Maybe way down the track that will change, but not anytime soon.

• If it was a Ex who I had a short relationship with I would normally think...
    "Caution there will be many potholes in your relationship than you think better to drop the dead body off here and keep going"
    Or unless you just aren't cool with it and think
    "I should give that guy a warning in case there's anything more in between them"

• I know it hurts. I suggest you eliminate all contact information and begin the process of enjoying yourself being single.

• I have been and its been 3 weeks since the break up. I don't want to delete her contact information. Its not like me to do that

• That's fine. If you think that doesn't affect you, you're golden.

• i can probably suggest few things that help you distract your mind , well i wonder if it will work?
    in the end , the only thing that i believe can help people to move on , is time

• i'd probably react but at the same time not care

• Completely remove her from your contacts.