Will Give Points. Need Advice?

I've been single for a year now. I was single my whole life until I was with my ex-fiance and I were together for over two year. He broke things off last summer. Lately, I have been feelings an intense feeling of lonliness. I have friends, I do fun things, I have my own life... but I have this deep desire to be held and kissed and just loved like that. Guys find me attractive, they always want to hook up with me, but no guy I find attractive wants to persue the idea of anything more. They're not at that place in their lives. I'm just aching inside for affection and am concerned I will lower my standards just because I feel so alone. I don't know what to do.

51

Most Helpful Guy

• Well lowering your standards won't solve the problem so don't do that
    Get involved into things that can help u feel good about yourself, volunteer somewhere or help people in ways that u can. This way you'll get at least some satisfaction

• I AM involved in a lot... it's not helping :(

• Yes, they're flattered but I like really masculine men. In my experience they like initiating and they lose interest quickly when the girl does.

• Well give them a try, they like bold women

Most Helpful Girl

• I felt like you do for a long time and I know I've been joining dating sites and have been meeting many great guys that have resorted my faith. I really think you need to get out there more and meet guys. It's impossible for NO guy out there to desire more with you. You just haven't had the chance to meet a decent guy yet. Don't give up.

• Thanks girl! :D I think the issue is that hot guys seem to not want gfs. They can get what they want based on their looks. Looks aren't everything, but they matter to me bc I wan to be attracted to the guy I date. I just have very picky tastes I guess!

• @Asker

maybe try a different type of dating site. I know I had success from OkCupid as well.

• Okay :)

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• You're just not meeting the right type of guys, expand socially, maybe consider going on speed dates or singles night's or even Internet dating because then you can display on your page exactly what you are looking for. Being lonely isn't great but it's just part of life, learn to enjoy your own company and just take time to relax when you're alone, get lost in a book or binge on a new series on Netflix. Focus on other things and trust me the right person will walk in to your life when you least expect it. Good luck, you'll be fine, we have to go through sad times in life but it will make the happier times so much more fulfilling.

• The problem is none of the guys on those sites are actually attractive. I was on a site before and had over 800 messages. None of them I found attractive, and they STILL just wanted a hookup or wanted to go waaayyyyy too fast into things.

• Not feeling sorry for myself, I'm obviously trying to do something about it.

• I'm not trying to be insultin. You just aren't interested in any advice and you just want a quick fix which isn't possible, just gonna have to accept your situation.

• I advise you to go out with a guy a little older, perhaps 24-30.
    If most of the guys your age are at the phase in their lives where they want hook ups and nothing more.
    Try going with a guy a little older who may be past that phase.

Don't get me wrong, there's guys like that in every age group.
    But what you would be doing is weeding out those that are more likely to be.

• I am 23, so the age you gave me is the age of guys I'm talking to. Any older than 28 is just too much of a difference for me.

• Who says you can't? Women are too traditional. There are men who are too shy to take that step and would be relieved being asked out by a girl.

Of course you initiate convo before asking to go out on a date or get together sometime.

• No, sorry I refuse to pursue guys. It doesn't feel right at all for me and every guy I tried that with in the past lost interest eventually when I did that. I'm very traditional.

• Join the club.

• never lower your standards!