Girls who left a LTR and jumped into a new relationship and made it work. How did you do it?

Basically you were in a LTR with someone and then you dump them and jump into a new relationship almost immediately and made it work. How were you able to do that? What made it work? What were your feelings like?

5

Most Helpful Girl

• How? He cheated on me, for a while.. It was harder than you think though to leave him, I loved him so much but I couldn't trust him again. There was this other male I had my eye on any who, and didn't want to do anything, that male went back home for a little to see his ill father when he came back I knew my choice was right, how did it work? Well things just fell into place, we got along really well and was totally honest about it. How my feelings were like? They were new and exciting, I felt 'yes this is how it's suppose to feel'.

• How did you get over your love for him and how soon after did you get with this other guy? How about after the new and exciting feeling wore off?

• Because he was a bastard lol, why would I give someone anymore of my time who hurt me over and over and over again. New exciting feelings wore off? I felt at home

What Girls Said 4

• What makes those relationships work is that the girl has lost like all feeling for the guy before, and the new guy ended up being really great and compatible. When girls break up LTR, they usually have been loosing feelings and thinking about it long before breaking up. I dated a guy for 2 years, but the last 6 months I was not sure. Some days I would just question my feelings for him. On the other hand it could have been a rebound and just turned out great. Shit happens.

• By hanging out with you partner.

• Well, I was very reluctant to get into the relationship. However, I felt like he was someone I could really be myself around. The way we made it work was that we talk about everything. Literally anything I'm thinking or feeling, he wants to know about it, and vice versa. So we just talk. I think sometimes he tries too hard to not be like my ex, so I just have to let him know that it's okay and he doesn't have to try to be anyone but himself. We are ridiculously happy together. Even though it's such a taboo thing to jump into a relationship like this, I'm glad we did because it worked out great for us.

• it worked for me! because he was close.