Should I try to make it work with my boyfriend?

Okay, so here's what I need help with. When I was a teen I was forced into marriage. At the age of 22 I walked out. I am now in a new relationship with someone I have known for 10 years, and we've been dating for a few months now. In my marriage I suffered a lot of abuse, which is why I left and because I never wanted to marry him. My soon to be ex-husband (we're separated) does help from time to time, but he also threatens to make it harder if I don't do what he wants. I invited my boyfriend to come live with me and we both have made certain sacrifices to make that happen. He lived in another state before and now he's here with me. Things haven't gone as planned so far so we're both very frustrated, probably even confused, and we're both hurt (definitely me). I understand why he's upset, hell so am I, but it's only been 2 weeks and he's already ready to give up. We both have said hurtful things to each other and acted petty, but I still would like for it to work. I'm just torn because at the same time, I don't want to make it work with someone who doesn't want to stand by me in difficult moments. Is that selfish? I have spent a lot of money that I don't have trying to make something possible, including my energy. I feel as though if he would give it a little more time that it would get better (as things actually are, slowly but surely), but he said he wants to leave. He told me he doesn't want to break up but that he wants to leave and come back when things are easier and better. Thing is he also told me that in his past he has used women for housing and living amongst other things. Since I know him, I didn't think he would actually do that to me and I still don't, but he "bounces". Should I be afraid of that? I told him if he leaves, he can't come back and that I don't want to date him nor talk to him. I'm just so hurt that he is really giving up at 2 weeks in. Am I being selfish? I'm booking his ticket because at the same time I'm not begging anyone and damn sure not about

• Let him go, and come back when it's easier. Give him a chance.
  • Try to talk to him to try to make it work.
  • Let him go completely.
    Vote C
*beg. I'm not about to *BEG 👌😂😴

20

Most Helpful Girl

• You have found Out Now where you stand with this man here, dear, and he is Not the kind of guy when the chips are down, who Will... Stick around.
    No matter What would come up in your life of strife, with or without this Difficulty that you are going through momentarily, he is Not going to be there as even a life line to be your life support because when the going gets Rough... The tough get going.
    Book and don't Look... Back. Tell him bon voyage, you have to get your life together so tell him to go about his own life of little strife.
    Good luck and blessings. Next time, don't involve anyone else until the dust has cleared and you are More free to love another thee. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for the Upvote. xxoo

• Thanks a bunch!! Blessings to you!! 😊❤

• Oh, you are such a sweetheart, and thank you so much.. So welcome.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• just let him go.