Leading my ex on too much without meaning to, how do I tell him it won't happen?

So I dated this guy almost a year, and decided to end it. We were constantly arguing and he was way too clingy for me. However, we had all the same things in common. Sense of humor, tv shows, music, etc. He is my best friend, and I hate to sound like one of those girls but I don't think we should have been more than just friends. And now, we hang out and talk and he is always trying to hold me and stuff. I have been blunt in saying we can't be together, but he still tries. Should I just stop talking to him completely or try to tell him again?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Give him a a Final Fair warning, @Meredy, that if he doesn't stop 'Always trying to hold me and stuff,' you both will Have to go back To... Decided to end it.
    He may feel that even with being a bestie from the restie, you Enable him to feel comfy enough to do this 'Stuff.'
    Be firm, be your own straw boss. However, I also believe, that even if you told him "Hands off" tomorrow, your own broken heart would hold a lot of sorrow.
    Try and get on the same page. He loves you here, dear, and that says a mouthful Where... Actions on his own part speak More volumes.
    Good luck, xx

What Guys Said 3

• The don't talk to your ex ever again strategy is most often the best for both people. Since he is your "best" friend you can try a soft ultimatum. Something like, look... i enjoy us as friends but if you're gonna keep doing this in gonna have to quit talking with you... but just know he will always have attraction toward you, it either works or doesn't on his ability to keep it in check. You make him sound like a puppy, it may be best for him for you to put a complete end to it.

• You need to tell him he needs to stop doing that because what he's doing isn't appropriate for being friends.

• Tell him straight out and say it load, and then ask him do you understand

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!