He broke up with me but calls me baby?

My boyfriend of 9 months has broken up with me and stated that he wants to befriends and start over. I didn't feel comfortable doing that because he's been abusive towards me. Everytime I state how I felt, it was shunned. He would threaten to break up with me, and rarely ever does he say sorry.

At the end of the night, he texted me saying he missed me. When we were on the phone, he called me "baby" at least twice. Then when I went to sleep, I got 1 text and 2 missed calls from him. Yet he was the one who said to "respect each l other's boundaries".

I spoke to a friend and she said he was going through withdrawal and trying to lure me back in. What do you think?

41

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he needs to stop calling you baby, baby.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people BreakUp doesn't mean they can't and don't Makeup and that it's Goodbye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still marks an X in his own softie spot, there is usually motive in mind when it should come the time To... Texted me saying he missed me.
    He is still in his own dream day dreaming world, @jirrean, where he still feels comfy and cozy with the His and Her History you both shared, and along with this, the Missing the Kissing, the old habits of even 'He called me "baby" at least twice, still Marks a spot that he finds Hot when a light bulb goes off in his head.
    You both may Not be two birds of a feather but in essence, he wants his cake and eat it Two. He wants his freedom but yet at the same time, he still wants you around as aside dish with no strings attached.
    Together or Not, he will never change his stripes, this zebra. He will never apologize, see the wrong of his ways, and this little 'Relationship' will be nothing but a Full circle problem pattern.
    Talk about 'Respect,' he should go back to school and learn a little lesson in how to treat a lady.
    You are better off without him. Move on and don't ride his pity wagon. He just wants you to hook on to his cunning caboose to probably do a Friends with benefits factor with you... Don't buy it.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• Your friend is right. If he's abusive then he's likely very manipulative and knows what to say/do to make you crumble and want him again. Don't fall for these tricks. This guy should be cut out of your life if he's abusive. Don't you think you deserve much better?

• I think you really need to put your foot down and try to cut off contact with him. He was abusive. Disregarding your feelings and threatening to break up is bad. You shouldn't even want to be friends with this guy, he's a jerk. Tell him to stop contacting you and block him. He was the one who initiated the break up so he's the one who should put on his big boy pants and stop sending mixed signals.

• i think you should just tell him to stop calling you baby