How difficult is for you to deal with breakup?

How difficult is for you to deal with a breakup? Can you just forget that person immediately/quick? Because I can't...

95

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had several break ups before. However my last break up was with my first love. He's the first guy I truly fell in love with and he was my first for a lot. It has definitely been difficult to deal with it. I cried my eyes out for a good amount of time every night. However it's getting better and better. I've also started some dating again and it has actually helped me tons too. I had a fear I'll never find someone else again like him and now i've been able to curb that fear by seeing how many other great guys are out there

But in general break ups aren't easy and I can't just forget about the person altogether. I'd be lying if I said my last ex doesn't cross my mind ever. At night when I get into bed is when it hits me the hardest.

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty easy, I need less than a week to get over it, sometimes I've even gotten over it in less than a day.
    But I've always been the one to break up, so it was easier.

What Girls Said 8

• Sometimes it is easier than others. For me, it depends on how attached to that person I was. My ex boyfriend took me years to get over. I am 15 and still think of him, though it doesn't hurt anymore. My current boyfriend knows about this and accepts it. He is the one who helped me get over my nasty break up and he has been by my side ever since. If me and my current boyfriend were to ever split up, I feel like I would be far more devastated than the last boyfriend I had. It kills me even thinking about it.

• It's excruciating and I don't see myself ever getting over our breakup that happened six months ago. I finally understand the possibility of dying from a broken heart because right now I am so numb to everything it's like I have literally died. I miss him and think about him so much, I know it's not healthy or normal, but I still have all the texts, all the photos, and he's the last thing I think about at night and the first thing I think about in the morning. It is so incredibly hard to not be with the person you love. I don't know how anyone could get over a breakup in a matter of weeks... it's impossible if you cared for that person.

• Eh.. considering the fact that I was the one that do the break up, it was okay for me. And it's my first, so there's that.

• Nope. Its hard and according to how long u were together and how much of a connection u had its gonna be rough for a few months

• Its really easy for me to get over someone. If i really really love him it would prbbly take me 3-4 weeks to get over him. Usually it only take me less than a week to get over that person.

• Omg it's so hard and so painful. My go to way of getting over it is to find a rebound

• I wouldn't know since I've never been through a breakup.

• It was Very easy for me to get over my ex

• It was because he used to make me miserable. Lies, selfishness, controlling. Jealous nature

What Guys Said 4

• It's always difficult in the beginning, although I never go for the rebound or line someone up to use them.

I just take the long and hard road of healing, taking short-cuts in life gets you nowhere.

From personal experience it takes you a year or two to recover and gain yourself back if you were in a long term relationship.

Everybody recovers at their own pace, I say take as much time as you need to recover, what's the rush.

• If I'm being broken up with, I say. Don't bother. Goodbye. This is what you want and it's your decision. And then I go find a woman I like to hang out with that night.

• I don't know. I've never had a relationship yet, so I couldn't tell you.

• i haven't had to deal with a break up in over 10 years.

Alien Power!!!