My ex wants my mom to like him but wants me to hate him?

I know analyzing exes behaviours isn't wise.. but this one thing is bugging me...& i figure thoughts about him are going to come naturally & i rather work through them that surpress them... as long as i dont contact him

it was 7 month relationship he dumped me (cop out reason) & then ignored all my messages for 3 weeks (read all my messages but never responded, had never gone 2 days without taking to me before) until my mother who he was once good with convinced him to at least have a talk with me. He obliged & finally answered one of my messages by saying he would speak with me on the weekend.

i messaged him a few days later asking when exactly & he went right back to ignoring... he then messaged my mother to set it up instead of me... he even wanted her to be present but i didn't want that so i told him lets just do it over the phone instead... he seemed a little taken a back that i suggested that as if he thought i was dying to see him... which i was until i saw his attitude about speaking & realized it wasn't going to be good anyway. he then says "one call, im blocking you right after & no more messaging me" i agreed, i just wanted closure at that point.

we speak, he said he no longer loved me or felt any feelings towards me at all. 0 chance of us ever getting back together. he wanted no contcat whatsoever friendship or otherwise. it was so strange i never expected it from him & his only reaosn was "you dont listen"

3 weeks before with the intial breakup he said harsh things & when i pressed him about it he said he didn't mean it he was just saying w. e he had to to get me to stop pushing & talking to him... but this time he said he means what he is saying now... i made the mistake of crying & begging for a friendship during the call to which he refused. when it was ending i said.. so you're going to block me now? & he said he doesn't see why he needs to after this call

after

he didn't block me, my mother asked him if we spoke & he told her he thinks it went ok & to check with me to make sure it did and let him know secretly & then proceeded to tell her "he really didn't want me to feel like he was abandoning me though" it bothers me because an hour before i said "please dont abandon me" & he didn't care...

2 days after the call i slipped up & messaged him something i had forgotten to ask... to my surprise he called me immediately & was very helpful.

01

What Guys Said 1

• "it was 7 month relationship he dumped me (cop out reason) & then ignored all my messages for 3 weeks (read all my messages but never responded, had never gone 2 days without taking to me before) "

^if it never happened before... obviously sth made him change then... he couldn't change suddenly widout any reason...

" until my mother who he was once good with convinced him to at least have a talk with me. He obliged & finally answered one of my messages by saying he would speak with me on the weekend."

^nice... seems like he gets along wid yer mom... maybe she could convince him gettin him back together i guess... ;)

"i messaged him a few days later asking when exactly & he went right back to ignoring... he then messaged my mother to set it up instead of me... "

^see? as i told u... perhaps i believe he's being nervous around u.. after all it was a break-up u know... ;)

"he then says "one call, im blocking you right after & no more messaging me" i agreed, i just wanted closure at that point."

^but it seems like he won't stop havin convs wid yer mom... right?

anyway... u must decide... if u really really wanna see him... guess u should accept da fact he wants yer mom to be present... ;)

"we speak, he said he no longer loved me or felt any feelings towards me at all. 0 chance of us ever getting back together. he wanted no contcat whatsoever friendship or otherwise. it was so strange i never expected it from him & his only reaosn was "you dont listen""

^so he was clear then... i believe u should end it as long as u want closure as well... ;)

"3 weeks before with the intial breakup he said harsh things & when i pressed him about it he said he didn't mean it he was just saying w. e he had to to get me to stop pushing & talking to him"

^was he feelin pressured then?

"but this time he said he means what he is saying now... i made the mistake of crying & begging for a friendship during the call to which he refused."

^well... guess U should block him then... so u'll end things and move on... ;)

• "he didn't block me, my mother asked him if we spoke & he told her he thinks it went ok & to check with me to make sure it did and let him know secretly & then proceeded to tell her "he really didn't want me to feel like he was abandoning me though" it bothers me because an hour before i said "please dont abandon me" & he didn't care..."

^as u assumed... he wants to make yer mom sympathize him... guess he has his reasons about it... perhaps she prefers her as a company than u i believe...

"2 days after the call i slipped up & messaged him something i had forgotten to ask... to my surprise he called me immediately & was very helpful."

^i believe yer mom maybe conviced him somehow then... most possible xplanation...

What Girls Said 0