Advice on transitioning to hanging out all the time to a temporarily long distance relationship?

So i been in a relationship with this girl about 9 months, she honestly has opened me up and makes me happy. I didn't think this relationship would have ended up like this but i'm kind of glad it has. We both love each other very much and grew between the both of us really close. I could say she's like my best friend and my girlfriend which I love. Sadly I have decided to join the military for the sake of my future, I informed her that I'm in the process of being accepted. My father who is a vet given me advice and said that once I join, boot camp and tech school will be at least six months. To me, I find that really dissapointing to leave the girl who makes me happy alone. I had to break it to her that we might have to go on break, but refused to let that happen because she rather wait for me in the end. In my opinion I think its best to break up with her because I really don't see her as a wife, so I dont want her waiting on me for something that won't happen. The real thing is that I love her and cared for her but I don't feel I'm truly in love. I really need some advice, please help...:(

21

Most Helpful Girl

• So u love her but you're not in love with her? Why don't u see her as a future wife. That statement alone says it all. You need to allow her to find someone who sees a future with her.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes bro, let her go.

If you do not see a future let her go. It will be hard and she is going to be angry with you, but it is for the best.

Thanks for the service...

What Girls Said 1

• It is hard, just talk to her and make her understand. You guys could be at least friends.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!