How to get over feeling used by ex-girlfriend?

After one year I still feel used by my ex-girlfriend. I helped her a lot during her studies (she studies the same) and now she is doing a phd where I also wanted to do one. I helped her to get in there. We've been together for about 9 month.
She (indian) broke up because her father doesn't want her to date white guys. We got a lot of interests in common and I didn't meet a girl I would prefer to her yet. I also cannot really think about working with her, although I wanted to do my phd there for years...
It feels like she just took a lot of benefits out of our relationship, broke up for reasons outside of our relationship and I didn't get anything out of it / have to deal with the consequences.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Mate I'm in the same boat. 😔 i wish there would be an easier way of not taking people for granted after broken promises.

Most Helpful Guy

• Go talk to her father its not her fault

What Girls Said 1

• You can't really run and hide. If you want your PHD go get it. Don't let a breakup that was a year ago let you get down and start somewhere else. If you had plans before/during/after the relationship that didn't change continue those plans.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!